January 6, 2013 Room 449. This modern hotel is located in the Tourist Core and is in easy walking distance of almost everything you will want to see. Room 449 is a 1 bedroom on the top floor in the main building (not the building where the lobby is) located where the pool is located. Easy access. Spacious suite. Well appointed. Main bathroom has a tub and the ensuite has a large shower. Two balconies, 1 off the living room and 1 off the bedroom. LOTS of room with vaulted ceilings.
January sunsets ...... the Westin is the ONLY place to be.
The ONLY negative comment I have is under FOOD below - lack of onsite establishments. Aside from their wireless going down twice in 1 week - and fixed within 2 hours, I have nothing negative to say ..... only good things!!!
SERVICE: Front Desk a breeze and helpful to deal with. I arrived 3 hours before check-in so they call me when my room was ready. Nice! Room Service is fast. Housekeeping is slow but thorough.
FOOD: Quality excellent. Service excellent. Menu selection and available onsite locations only Fair. This is really the ONLY reason why this could not be a true 5 star. 1 restaurant is located at a sister property on an island and a 20 min boat ride away. Yep. Not kidding. The 2 remaining locations are really the same restaurant. One located on the water side of the boardwalk has half the menu items of the one located on the inside of the boardwalk. The smaller one is a plastic fork and knife operation.... probably local bylaws. The other one is half an inside and outside location. Excellent breakfasts. Excellent Sunday brunch. Lunch selection is Okay. Dinner selection is poor. Again, quality of food and service is excellent.
I could only find one high end 5 star restaurant on Duval that was within a 2 block walk. There are a ton of other eating places within those 2 or so blocks, but all pub food or other 2 and 3 star type locations. I guess the Westin haven't figured out they should have a high end restaurant to be a complete high end hotel/resort..
VALUE: Now remember this is Key West. There is no such thing as a cheap vacation in Key West! I honestly felt that what I paid for accommodations, food and parking was the local going rate. Not low and not high..... and no not cheap but fair. $500 USD for room and parking per night.
WOULD I RECOMMEND? Yes. No hesitation.
WOULD I STAY HERE AGAIN? The Westin is one of about 4 high end resorts located in the Tourist Core, as I call it. Why anyone on their first trip to Key West would stay elsewhere is beyond my imagination. If I were to visit again I would probably try to stay somewhere else just for a change in surroundings. Nothing against the Westin.
YOU WERE ABOUT TO ASK ABOUT THAT RESTAURANT ON DUVAL? The name is BAGATELLE. Nice Menu, excellent service and food. Try the surf and turf. They take reservations. Overlook Duval Street from the porch seating. Full wine list. Okay... the sirloin melts in your mouth ... not bad for a place that isn't anywhere near a herd of beef!
I'll post photos when I get home next week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located right on the waterfront of Old Town Key West, just steps from the famous Mallory Square, and one block from Duval Street is the Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina - a hub of relaxation and luxury in the middle of all of the excitement that Key West is famous for. Experience the beauty of the sparkling sea, access to water sports, and endless dining, shopping, and entertainment options all just steps away. Our marina is one of the three cruise ports in Key West welcoming cruise ships from around the world. Dine on fresh island cuisine, indoors, on a deck, or oceanside. Sip a cocktail and lounge by our outdoor pool surrounded by lush native plants, or take a launch to the nearby private beach on Sunset Key. Rejuvenation awaits in the serenity of our massage studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel Key West
- The Westin Key West Resort And Marina
- Key West Hilton
- Key West Westin