Great location. Absolutely amazing. Walking distance to just about everything you need and a launch to Sunset Key beach.
(Too bad I had no idea about this or the spa on Sunset Key until I got there, since there is no information about this on the Website or in the room.)
Mac at the valet/entrance is fantastic. He was incredibly helpful.
The woman who checked us in was great, as well. We arrived about 1pm, and we didn't need our room early, so as a Platinum member I was willing to wait and get a better room. We got one! It overlooked the sunset, and it was stunning.
(The next morning a Carnival Cruise Ship came in, and it blocks the view for almost all water-facing rooms, except a couple, so I can advise to check the crusie sked before you pay up for a waterfront view!)
The aircon is fine.
Room service ends at 10pm, which is insane at a resort! Especially one in a town where the culture is to go out drinking. The woman at Service Express was helpful and gave us a couple of places that deliver to the hotel late-night. Mr. Z's was good. It took about an hour, though.
They were skimpy on the washcloths. A room with 2 beds, clearly for 2 people. Just 2 washcloths? Guess we were only supposed to wash our faces one time each.
To give them credit, we called, and they came fairly, relatively quickly.
Our TV was broken, as in we couldn't get it turned on. It took the engineer more than 20 minutes to get there (the resort is poorly laid out, so the trek down the hall from the lobby of the 2nd building is insane). Turns out the batteries in the remote were dead. Guess housekeeping didn't check that.
He then apologized because the picture was terrible, but Comcast, the cable provider was supposed to come the next day to fix it.
The bathroom set-up is great, with the toilet & shower separate, which allow people to prepare while others are using them. (Weird that our shower didn't have the typical 'Heavenly Shower' with two shower heads...)
The wall under the toilet paper holder was patched, not with the wallpaper, which was yellow, but with white spackling.
The next day the people weren't so good.
I asked for a late check-out, as I'm Platinum and am supposed to get 4pm. The woman gave me 1pm, because they were "busy" - this is for a Tuesday night. She gave me the line about how it is a resort, etc. I finally told her, I don't need excuses, just an answer.
Too bad for them, as we would have used the spa, shopped more, etc.
At least we got to see Mack on our check-out, as he is so pleasant & helpful. What a fantastic ambassador for the hotel.
Would I stay again? Possibly. Needs work, but the location is terrific.
Phone service/attendants: Average.
Shower pressure: Average - but for some reason our room didn't have the dual head Heavenly shower.
Front desk: Inconsistent. The woman on Sunday was great, the woman on Monday not so much & not into helping Platinum
Bed: Above average - typical Heavenly bed.
Sheets/Bedding: Above average
Room size: Average
Location: Great. Walking distance to Duval St., Whitehead St., Truman Little White House, Hemingway's House, etc..
Room service: Closes at 10pm, way too early. OK & typically priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located right on the waterfront of Old Town Key West, just steps from the famous Mallory Square, and one block from Duval Street is the Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina - a hub of relaxation and luxury in the middle of all of the excitement that Key West is famous for. Experience the beauty of the sparkling sea, access to water sports, and endless dining, shopping, and entertainment options all just steps away. Our marina is one of the three cruise ports in Key West welcoming cruise ships from around the world. Dine on fresh island cuisine, indoors, on a deck, or oceanside. Sip a cocktail and lounge by our outdoor pool surrounded by lush native plants, or take a launch to the nearby private beach on Sunset Key. Rejuvenation awaits in the serenity of our massage studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hotel Key West
- The Westin Key West Resort And Marina
- Key West Hilton
- Key West Westin