“Getting your money's worth” 5 of 5 bubbles

Key West Golf Club
Ranked #72 of 288 Outdoor Activities in Key West
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Getting your money's worth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been going to the Key West Golf Club for about six months now. Sunday was my best experience ever. The fairways and greens are in impressive shape. Even the recently sodded back nine were a joy to play on. I am in the military, and I recommend all active duty buying there rounds at ITT on Sigsbee for $35. That is a year around treat that the KWGC gives to show its appreciation for the military.

Visited September 2012

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“KWGC is World-Class, end of story.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is immaculate. It is a pleasure to go to a dang yard sale in the Golf Club. I would absolutely be down to tee up any time, knowing our course is gorgeous. Bring your own clubs or rent theirs, bring a good mood for a gorgeous serene morning here. Thanks KWGC for doing a great job.

Visited August 2012
Clio, Michigan
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was a nice course and the only game in town. The course has beautiful views and there are many iguanas and pretty birds near the water. The mangrove hole is pretty awesome. It was $95.00 to play the course and another $40.00 to rent clubs. My fiance played but the course was too tough for me as an inexperienced golfer, so I paid $25.00 as a rider. Definitely reserve a tee time. The course was very busy and we were paired with two other golfers that were members and live in the area. They were nice enough to ask if we wanted to join them, otherwise we would have had to wait for the next group to go out even though we had a tee time.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Cheryl D
Montreal, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Exotic golf track that's fun to play”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Enjoyed my round of golf on what is pretty exotic for someone from Montreal. We don't have palm tress or iguanas up here... Rental clubs were fairly decent. Didn't bring my gear on the plane, I was expecting to rent golf shoes, but they don't do that. I was allowed to play wearing sandals. Very hot sunny afternoon, so the course was not crowded. I played on my own the whole time (which I enjoy), and 2 foursomes in front of me were kind enough to let me by.
I'm not a specialist by any mean, but I thought the golf course was well laid out and offered an interesting challenge. Of course, the signature hole is that 150 yards Par 3 where you have to drive over the mangrove. I should have saved myself the trouble and go straight to the drop zone...
I think the club house and pro shop were pretty nice. My plan was to shower and hit Key West for dinner, and I was able to do that (there is one shower in the men's dressing room).
Staff is friendly. Kudos to the beverage cart lady from Marseille who recommended Louie's backyard for dinner. That was awesome.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank mon_onc_steph
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Enjoyed it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Beautiful, quiet, lush, with some great holes. Enjoyed the 8th hole so much. It's the only game in town so be patient if you get behind a slow group. You're on vacation!!!!

Visited June 2012