All reviewshot tubhappy hourmarky markstay someplaceoverlooking duval streetpool bargay resorttrip to key westgreat roomnohnoisepropertyloftjeffconveniencerefrigeratorkw
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The New Orleans House is Fabulous. I had room 23a, and it was clean and a good room. I had an awesome time. I had stayed at another place in Key West when I came for a vacation. I try to get to Key West once a year or sooner. This was my very first time staying at the New Oleans House.
The staff that works there are very friendly, they made you feel at home, The Bourbon St. Pub below the New Orleans House, the bartenders were very friendly. They also made you feel like you were part of everything.
I will make this my first choice to stay, and the other place I stayed at my second choice to stay if there aren't any rooms available at the New Orleans House.
I had an awesome time, and thanks to all the people who work at The New Orleans house for making me feel at home, and the bartenders in at the Bourbon St. Pub and staff Thank You.
I look forward to coming back for another stay at the New Orleans House. Everything was great.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are above the Bourbon St Pub. If your looking for a quiet room I would call and ask what rooms would be available for quietness.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This place is great! It's right at the heart of Duval Street. If you are going for a fun weekend or party getaway its the perfect hangout. The staff are amazingly friendly, generous with tourist advice and none to shy with their pouring. You get free entry to the Bourbon Street Pub, 801 Bourbon, 1 Saloon and the 801 Drag Cabarets with your guest pass, great on the weekends when some have a cover. The activities were a great way to meet people, either at the Oscars in the Hot Tub or the Mardi Gras Pub Crawl a fun time was had. The Garden bar was a good home-base for stopping in during the day and the free happy hour was a daily highlite.
Now for what this place is not: It's not the Ritz or a serene spa. It's attached to a couple bars and is hopping fairly late. Most nights I was part of the exuberance so it wasn't a problem but if you are looking for a quiet spot to get a mani/pedi and read cosmo you may want to look elsewhere. The rooms are fairly basic but comfortable and clean and the TV seemed to have a good selection of channels. If you want a fun guest-house, at a reasonable rate, to have a great vacation stay here.

Room Tip: the main floor rooms are definite party rooms, room 12 and 11a open directly to the Garden Bar. Heard good things about room 24 or 23 A&B for a quieter option.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed the weekend of 2/17-2/19/12. The hotel is small, with an excellent staff. We were treated like family. Located on Duval St. it is only a short walk to anything you would want to see or do in Key West. Our room was a bit dated, but was very clean. Would highly recommend this place. It was my first visit to Key West and the staff at the New Orleans House made it a wonderful vacation and I look forward to being able to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gary S
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was disappointed in this hotel from the moment we checked in. The pool area was covered in leaves, the pool was greenish and looked dirty, all of the lounge chairs had tears in them and didn't even look safe to lay in. Our roomed seemed nice at first but then we noticed the sheets that had stains on them from certain bodily fluids. The gym was also right outside of our room which has got to be the most ridiculous place to put a gym. Our bed would shake from people dropping the weights on the ground. During the night we had to listen to the music from the club downstairs and the people using the sun deck directly above our room for some after dark activities. The only good thing about this hotel was that the staff was nice, otherwise this place is a huge waste of money and I highly recommend that you do not stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank F K
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This trip I stayed a full month, and as usual, had a great time. The property is always clean and very well maintained (which makes me question one of the other reviews.) Each of my stays at New Orleans House, is for 2 to 5 weeks and I always find the entire property clean, with sparking clear water in the pool.
The latest improvements since my November stay are new flat screen TV's in all of the rooms, as well as in the bar. Nice touch! The entire guesthouse and bar staff are fun to be around and make the New Orleans House guests feel at home from the minute they arrive.
Hazel's grill serves quality food in the Garden Bar, and the Saturday afternoon Pool Party, hosted by TJ, is always a great time.
I can't wait for my next trip to Key West, and another fun stay at the New Orleans House, in June for Pride!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo