All reviewshot tubhappy hourmarky markstay someplaceoverlooking duval streetpool bargay resorttrip to key westgreat roomnohnoisepropertyloftjeffconveniencerefrigeratorkw
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Going to Gay Key West for a little R&R? Try the New Orleans House. We stayed in the apartment in the back, directly off the pool area....it had a full kitchen, big bathroom and a living room, 2 tv's, a microwave, and a full sized fridge. They also have rooms upstairs with balconies that overlook Duval street (great for people watching). Is it the Ritz? No, but if you want a good Key West experience at a good price, then you will want to try it!

The guesthouse is attached to the bourbon street pub which has a big inside bar with DJ and dancers that was packed almost every night, another outside pool bar was equally as crowded....nice place to stay and play, plus easy access to everything on Duval street! Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms overlooking Duval or the apartment!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Unexpectedly disappointed! Arrived and was greeted by the day manager, very nice guy and he even gave us a personal tour of the property. We asked what beach would be good to go to and was immediately told directions! Thumbs up! After getting back from the beach it was time for a shower, problem started. The shower in our room11b was horrible, it spit out water at a rate of about 1 gallon every 3 minutes. Went to the person on duty and he went down with me to my room to check it out. His reply was that all maintenance guys where off and after he looked he said that yeah it’s not working properly. While he was looking at our shower he stated that they had a couple of rooms that were not booked (I started to pack our bags to be transferred). He then said I’ll make sure that you’ll have a chance to take a shower in the morning in one of those rooms. WTF?
My head started to spin around but immediately realized this afternoon manager had no intentions of moving us to a room with a working shower.
Next morning I explained to the same manager who checked us in what happened. He checked his logs and indeed did find out that we had a major problem with our shower but only apologized and said you should have been put in another room. I was so pissed off I didn’t even challenge him because I can get ugly and the management didn't even offer a discount and we had to take a shower the next morning at some friends hotel.
DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU EXPECT …………..I’ll shut up now.
thomasjhsd@sbcglobal.net

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thomasjhsd
NewOrleansHouse, General Manager at New Orleans House, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

I am truly sorry for what has transpired.

I do recall our conversation and I was very concerned that you were not offered another room. The message left for me from my front desk clerk was that he offered another room and that you didn't want to switch rooms. Because of this discrepancy in the stories, I needed to talk to him as well to ascertain what the conversation was.

I spoke to him later that day and he told me that he actually went to the room with you, checked the shower himself, and determined that he could not fix it. He tells me he offered you another room and that you refused because you didn't want to move all of your belongings that were now unpacked. He explained that the adjoining room was available and even pointed to the door that connects the two rooms and that he could go upstairs and get the key for the pass through door and help you transfer your items but your response was that you were leaving in the morning and you didn't want to pack twice.

Finally, he said that you would be more than welcome to shower in another room as a final possible solution.

In this case, I believe my clerk felt that he had done everything possible to assist you. I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding between you and my desk clerk.

I would be happy to issue you a gift certificate for another night's stay with us. I want you to be able to spend a truly enjoyable night with us. Feel free to contact me at the guesthouse and I will be mail you out a gift certificate.

I sincerely hope you will take advantage of this and visit us again.

Neil Chamberlain
Guest House Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2011

This Guest House is perfect for a weekend get away or for an extended stay of several weeks. Great location on Duval within walking distance of all the popular attractions in Key West. As part of the Bourbon Street Complex, I find myself spending entire days and evenings without ever leaving the property. They have several bars, including an outdoor garden bar, 3 levels of sundecks, (clothing optional,) newly renovated rooms, jacuzzi, pool, free continental breakfast, a nice grill on the patio serving lunch and dinner, and a GREAT staff in both the guesthouse and bars. I would highly recommend New Orleans House for your Key West vacation, and have stayed there many times myself.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was here October 30-November 4. I stayed in room 11B. My room was just feet from Bourbon St Pub and the Garden Bar---so, if I accidently partied too much, I was still able to slip back to the room and get some quiet time. Once inside the room, I did not hear any music from the nightclub or the bar. The room was very quiet, and very safe. I always felt secure in the room. Who could ask for a better location?
The room was clean, comfortable, and fresh. Big relaxing bed, fridge, and microwave. Nice TV too (but, you're in Key West---Who watches TV?). The room itself gets a 10+
Tim is the housekeeper. He's charming, friendly, very funny, and works to make sure your room is everything that you want it to be. He's a total professional! Just wish they had him wear a little maid uniform. Ah, well, maybe next trip?
T.J. and Billy are the bartenders at the Garden Bar. What can I say about these guys? They remember your name, they remember your drink, and they are always upbeat and witty. They talk with you like they've known you forever. They make you want to keep coming back to the the Garden Bar (but then, why leave?).
Neil is the New Orleans House manager. He's constantly helping guests, yet is never too busy to talk to you. He's knowledgeable and personable. One of the best hotel managers I've ever delt with!
Summing up---Great room, fair price, excellent location, outstanding staff, pool, hot tub, palm trees, booze, boys, and more booze and boys. If you don't have fun here, it's your own fault!
Oh, if you're here during the day, you'll see their sexy maintenance man. If you're here during the night, you'll see their sexy barback.
One more thing---Neil, T.J., Billy, and Tim all deserve a raise, Joe!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Blueonblue21
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Guest House is in the middle of it all! Located above Bourbon St Pub, it houses clean rooms, a gym, Jacuzzi, pool, indoor and outdoor garden bar, sundecks, and free parking which is a must on the Island... and location, location, location! From the continental breakfast with a rack of bananas from the property, to the complimentary bucket of champagne from the owner, it was a get a way truly spent in paradise! Thanks to Joey, Neil, and Bob for the great memories! You know I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo