All reviews bourbon street pub hot tub marky mark sun deck stay someplace pool bar gay resort other resorts can't beat the location people watching trip to key west great room great pool noh noise property duval
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was here October 30-November 4. I stayed in room 11B. My room was just feet from Bourbon St Pub and the Garden Bar---so, if I accidently partied too much, I was still able to slip back to the room and get some quiet time. Once inside the room, I did not hear any music from the nightclub or the bar. The room was very quiet, and very safe. I always felt secure in the room. Who could ask for a better location?
The room was clean, comfortable, and fresh. Big relaxing bed, fridge, and microwave. Nice TV too (but, you're in Key West---Who watches TV?). The room itself gets a 10+
Tim is the housekeeper. He's charming, friendly, very funny, and works to make sure your room is everything that you want it to be. He's a total professional! Just wish they had him wear a little maid uniform. Ah, well, maybe next trip?
T.J. and Billy are the bartenders at the Garden Bar. What can I say about these guys? They remember your name, they remember your drink, and they are always upbeat and witty. They talk with you like they've known you forever. They make you want to keep coming back to the the Garden Bar (but then, why leave?).
Neil is the New Orleans House manager. He's constantly helping guests, yet is never too busy to talk to you. He's knowledgeable and personable. One of the best hotel managers I've ever delt with!
Summing up---Great room, fair price, excellent location, outstanding staff, pool, hot tub, palm trees, booze, boys, and more booze and boys. If you don't have fun here, it's your own fault!
Oh, if you're here during the day, you'll see their sexy maintenance man. If you're here during the night, you'll see their sexy barback.
One more thing---Neil, T.J., Billy, and Tim all deserve a raise, Joe!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Blueonblue21
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Guest House is in the middle of it all! Located above Bourbon St Pub, it houses clean rooms, a gym, Jacuzzi, pool, indoor and outdoor garden bar, sundecks, and free parking which is a must on the Island... and location, location, location! From the continental breakfast with a rack of bananas from the property, to the complimentary bucket of champagne from the owner, it was a get a way truly spent in paradise! Thanks to Joey, Neil, and Bob for the great memories! You know I'll be back!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We just came back from our annual trip to the Fantasy Fest in Key West and once more I am glad we stayed at the New Orleans House. The hotel is on Duval St close to everything. What is a definitely plus; no need for cabs. The room we stayed in (#24) was spacious, comfortable and clean. In addition, it has a full kitchen and access to the balcony and sun deck.
The staff couldn’t be friendlier. Neil, the manager, is fantastic. He always finds time for a conversation and makes you feel welcomed. Everyone is always smiling and goes out of their way to make you comfortable. We were there in the busiest time of the year, and despite the fact that the staff was working around the clock to make things happen, they were always available for any request or need.
Our room is directly above the night club (the one where things happen!), but it was not a problem at all. I couldn’t hear anything and had fabulous nights of sleep.
The hotel is a complex: a night club and a garden bar with a pool and hot tub. Everything is in the same place and with hot men everywhere.
The place is great and I can’t imagine staying anywhere else when in Key West.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was staying here for a business trip. I was very impressed with the beautiful complex and close access to everyting on Duvall. The employees were very friendly. By far, one of my best places I have ever stayed.

I look forward to going there again real soon.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Spent the weekend in Key West, stayed at the New Orleans House. Right on Duval, center of the gay night life. Fun pool party on Saturday. It is the place to be if you want to party. The room was very comfortable, clean and cozy. Slept to 11 in the morning, have not slept in that late for ages. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have free parking, which is very important in key West. Looking forward to going back for another stay

• Trip type: Traveled with friends