All reviewshot tubhappy hourmarky markstay someplaceoverlooking duval streetpool bargay resorttrip to key westgreat roomnohnoisepropertyloftjeffconveniencerefrigeratorkw
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I stay in Key West for 4 jul this year..it is absolutly male only resort. Locations is good - everywhere is close besides the beach but in this island it is normal.
Hotel is old, dont have wirrles internet , rooms are big but need general refreshing.
It is good place only for very out going gay guys who likes to party to late houres ( 2 big bars in the hotel + 4 different bars around the block ).
In the rooms is very noisy up to late houres - guest ussualy 40 and up.
Generaly it is 2** accomodations - low standard for very good money

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 6, 2007

This is a "men only" gay hotel. My buddy and I rented #23 A & B which gave us each a private bedroom with a shared bath. We paid about $200 per night, including tax, so it was a good deal considering we each had our own bedroom. The place is clean and fairly well maintained. (From some of the other reviews, I was afraid the place would be filthy, but it was not)

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I mentioned the low flow of the shower head the first morning there, it was replaced with a new one when I returned to the room that afternoon.

The pool and outdoor bar area is great, but having a popular bar on the first floor was a problem as the noise from the music continued until about 3 am each night. I had to take a sleeping pill to get through the nights. And since the place is right on Duval, the general noise in the area is high.

Great place and location if your there to party through the weekend!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2006

withouta doubt one of the worst places I have ever stayed,filthy dirty, unending noise,rude untrained staff,even the bartenders were rude.
Spend a few extra bucks and stay someplace decent not this
really awful place

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mamiefan
Reviewed February 21, 2006

I should point out first of all that I am a hotel manager myself, and I know that sometimes these critical reviews are as much the fault of the expectations of the guest as the establishment itself.

Unfortunately I was genuinely upset by the standards of this hotel. I accept that many who come to Key West come to party hard and perhaps don't care too much about where they stay. The idea of a club with rooms is great, but not practical! Sleeping before 4am is just not an option!

But my main axe to grind is the state of the rooms. There is just no excuse for bad housekeeping and maintenance. The rooms are filthy - even down to the linen, and the pool area is dirty too. The bar staff spend more time chatting to their friends than checking empty glasses / dirty ashtrays around the pool and garden, so the place ends up looking like a giant trash can by the evening.

If this hotel was cheap I really wouldn't bother to complain - but it isn't.

I know island life is laid back - but having staff so laid back has resulted in standards slipping to an appaling level.

Sorry guys, but get your act together!

• Stayed: November 2005
12  Thank MGreenJersey
Reviewed December 15, 2005

the new orleans house is a great place to stay. my girlfriend and i were treated like royalty. the owners and everyone who worked there were awesome. i've stayed there twice now and i'm thinking about going again. i can't say enough good things about this place!!!

• Stayed: March 2001