“Finally Tried This Place”
Review of Hot Tin Roof

Hot Tin Roof
Ranked #94 of 461 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Hot Tin Roof features bright vibrant colors indicative of the overall style of the Ocean Key Resort & Spa. The restaurant's 3,000 square feet of dining features indoor seating for 60 and an outdoor deck overlooking Key West Harbor, accommodating up to 40 people. The restaurant's lounge, Stage Door, serves a unique selection of themed signature cocktails and is highlighted with a custom-designed mural by Key West artist Jeff Beal. "It's a melange of tastes and fragrances, combining traditional Florida foods with Latin, Caribbean and tropical influences. It's funky, fun, and fresh with a broad range of tastes and sensations. The restaurant features a relaxed elegance with dramatic water and sunset views.
Reviewed July 10, 2019

My husband and I have been visiting Key West many many times and never dined here. Finally we decided to give it a try. The place is beautiful inside with gorgeous views of the water. I had their oysters on the half shell and they were delicious. I also tried the ceviche which was refreshing. My husband had their tuna poke which I liked even better then the ceviche. For dinner I had their black grouper which was delicious. My husband had their NY strip sirloin. He was a bit disappointed with it. Despite my husband's dinner, we would definitely go back and dine there again.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,292)

Reviewed July 9, 2019

Had a great meal this past Sunday to end a great trip to Key West. Really cool atmosphere with a great view of the water and the sunset. I started with the heirloom tomato and burrata salad which was heavenly. Dinner was the shrimp and scallops over risotto (a tad to spicy but that's me) which was really good. Finished off with key lime pie! Our entire group loved our meal.

Reviewed July 9, 2019

Having stayed at this hotel many times needless to say this is my restaurant of choice for breakfast and the occasional dinner. It offers the great convenience of being right in the hotel but even if you’re not staying at the Ocean Key Resort & Spa is well worth the trip to the restaurant. The view is amazing and the outside terrace the perfect place for a romantic dinner or a more casual lunch, breakfast or brunch. Their drinks are delicious and their food is incredible. When I’m having breakfast I always get either the Noble Benedicts which are with crab cakes and served with roasted potatoes and a delicious hollandaise sauce, or their version of huevos rancheros with chorizo add on obvi LOL. Their banana bread is a MUST and their breakfast sausage and croissants too, so do what I do and get a bunch of sides to try their highlight items. For dinner everything is delicious as well so you can’t go wrong with whatever you pick. Highly recommend this place. Their staff is super attentive and detailed oriented. Their manager Abby is great and if she’s in she will stop by your table and ask how everything is going. If you are a repeat offender as I am, she’ll notice and try to go the extra mile to save your favorite table and other things that make you go aawww. Super sweet experience all around.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019

Down in Key West for six nights and believe this dinner was our favorite.. nice location with sunset views and professional, attentive service. Cocktails and food were well done and the key lime excellent. Highly recommend for a nice dinner.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

we had breakfast as a family an exceptional view and an excellent option to have breakfast and enjoy a pleasant moment In addition to the cordiality kindness and efficiency in the attention that Maria gave us the person in charge of our table and to serve us and assist us

Date of visit: June 2019