“Beautiful and yummy!”
Review of Hot Tin Roof

Hot Tin Roof
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Tin Roof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Hot Tin Roof features bright vibrant colors indicative of the overall style of the Ocean Key Resort & Spa. The restaurant's 3,000 square feet of dining features indoor seating for 60 and an outdoor deck overlooking Key West Harbor, accommodating up to 40 people. The restaurant's lounge, Stage Door, serves a unique selection of themed signature cocktails and is highlighted with a custom-designed mural by Key West artist Jeff Beal. "It's a melange of tastes and fragrances, combining traditional Florida foods with Latin, Caribbean and tropical influences. It's funky, fun, and fresh with a broad range of tastes and sensations. The restaurant features a relaxed elegance with dramatic water and sunset views.
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Had dinner on the balcony the night of the Independence Day Bloody Battle in the
harbor. The pirate ships and coast guard "battle" was right in front of us. Not only did
we have this incredible show, but also the magnificent Key West sunset. The food was
wonderful, the service impeccable, and we just didn't want the evening to end. It was
a lovely place to spend our last night in Key West. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank hoglilly
Write a ReviewReviews (2,041)

Reviewed April 28, 2010

Ate there last night at the request of local hospitality insiders during a business trip. They picked it and you can count on them knowing where to go to make an impression. We were seated on the roof top patio and caught the tail end of the sunset. This would be the place to eat and watch the sun go down. Unfortunately, we were surrounded by two tables (one with six loud guests) and the other one with local musicians at a table of about 14 or more. The six top was the loudest group I have ever had to dine near and they pretty much ruined what would've been a very romantic dining experience if I were there with hubby (as others were). However, we were on a business trip and they were so loud that I couldn't even hear the other guests at my table. I would have been extremely disappointed if I were having a romantic dinner but I wasn't. There are some amazing private booths located inside but as I was told "you don't go to Key West to eat inside, especially during sunset". Regardless, the food was fantastic and I had the most amazing waiter ever - Joseph. I have never heard anyone describe food the way he did; his adjectives and descriptions were mesmerizing. I even had to call the manager (John) over so the table could express how impressed they were with our waiter regarding his professionalism and attentiveness (never ever did this before). After repeated compliments, Joseph advised that he was available for voice over work and he would definitely be the one to hire. In the end, the company was fun, the food was good and the service was the best.

1  Thank munchkin80
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We were fortunate enough to run into a Sales Coordinator for the Ocean Key while we were having a drink at the Chart Room. She suggested trying Hot Tin Roof, a restaurant we have never visited in our 9 trips to Key West. She also offered to make a reservation for us, ensuring that we would have a table on the patio to watch the sunset. This was an amazing experience, from start to finish. We started with Ceviche, which was delicious. For our entrees, we had the Mahi Mahi and the Tuna, both listed as award-winning dishes on the menu. Even though the portions were large, I was left wanting more-- the food was so delicious. As the sun set, and our server took a great photo of us and we had a slice of key lime pie. What really struck me was the price of our meal. For a place like this, I would have expected to pay so much more than every other place we had eaten while in KW. So not only a great meal, great view and great time... this was actually for us a great value as well! This was our last night in KW, and I am so glad that we saved the best for last. Do yourself a favor-- call ahead, get a sunset reservation and treat yourself to an amazing experience.

1  Thank shamrock17
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My family and I had dinner at Hot Tin Roof for Easter and it was by far one of the most enjoyable dining experiences that we have had in a long, long time. The food was absolutely wonderful, the servce was great and the view was fantastic (we ate on the balcony). What a great experience for us all! Try this place--you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed February 1, 2010

We ate dinner at the Hot Tin Roof on January 31, 2010. We went there because it was highly rated by AAA travel.
The greeter was very pleasant when we arrived. After being seated, a blond fortyish waitress brought the menus. She dropped them on the table and left, no introduction, no welcome or greeting.
When she returned we asked about a couple of entrees and she went through a long list of what they did not have. She said the lobster bisque was crab bisque. I asked about the cost of martinis and she said:" Its on the menu". Which it was not. So she said 15.00!
We asked about a couple of the dishes and she never looked at us just rattled off some vague anwers. She never brought napkins. We had to flag down another waiter for napkins. One friend ordered a salad with pork bellies and there were none. So she came back with three tiny pieces and said: this is all you can get because they are expensive!. The salad was about 15.00 They were about as big as my little fingernail tip.
I was served a very bad tasting salad with no dressing. The cheese on it was dried up and hard and stale tasting. Finally I asked for dressing because it was so terrible.

She never apologized; just ran by and dropped some dressing on the table. She never returned to ask if our food was OK or if we needed anything. The attitude she had was just terrible. At the end of our meal, she came to the table humming!! She never looked at us or spoke to us, she just snatched up the dishes.
Afterwards, I approached the manager and complained about what happened and he just said: " I will talk to her about it." No apology or anything.
The prices are very expensive here and needless to say we ndid not feel we got our money's worth. It was a terrible experience. This is some of the worst service ever!