“Best Shrimp Risoto I've had”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hot Tin Roof

Hot Tin Roof
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Tin Roof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Hot Tin Roof features bright vibrant colors indicative of the overall style of the Ocean Key Resort & Spa. The restaurant's 3,000 square feet of dining features indoor seating for 60 and an outdoor deck overlooking Key West Harbor, accommodating up to 40 people. The restaurant's lounge, Stage Door, serves a unique selection of themed signature cocktails and is highlighted with a custom-designed mural by Key West artist Jeff Beal. "It's a melange of tastes and fragrances, combining traditional Florida foods with Latin, Caribbean and tropical influences. It's funky, fun, and fresh with a broad range of tastes and sensations. The restaurant features a relaxed elegance with dramatic water and sunset views.
Pasadena
“Best Shrimp Risoto I've had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Other than the spectacular view the risotto is
The best I've ever had. Kinda of hidden on the docks and you have to climb one flight of stairs to get to the
Entrance

Celebration, Florida
“Exceptional Food, Service & Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I never expect exceptional service or food in a resort community. I travel the world in search of the Michelin restaurants. I guess that makes me a food snob. This wonderful establishment had it ALL. Incredible ambiance, impeccable service by a warm, friendly and knowledgeable server and exceptional food as well as delicious libations.

1 Thank kelly m
Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food and watch the sunset”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Enjoy sitting outside and watching the sunset with excellent food.

Food and service makes you feel great!

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great View, average otherwise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our special night out during our stay, turned out not so much. The older gentleman who was the manager was very nice and was extremely active in the dining room, he did a good job. Our waiter was stuck on himself and spoke so low it was difficult to hear him. We had the antipasto which was a good start. My wife has an allergy to Mango so she ordered the scallop app without the mango salsa as her dinner. It showed up with my meal with the salsa and had to be sent back. Maybe the waiter forgot and didn't enter the order correctly or the kitchen didn't catch the order or the food runner didn't check the order before running it, no matter. I waited until the order was completed correctly. I had ordered the pork shank. It came in a bowl over a chick pea sauce. Beans are a little bland for a sauce and these were not seasoned in any way. The shank was roasted perfectly but, again, no noticeable seasoning. I asked for a salt shaker which was apparently scrounged up from the kitchen. Just guessing, another chef who takes offense over a patron seasoning his food. I cut into the shank and nearly dumped the whole thing in my lap. The bowl tipped as I cut, I believe the meal should be served on a plate, the beans don't enhance the meal and could just be eliminated. The room is comfortable, the music was piped in from the Tiki bar outside and was generally good. The view is great. We didn't stay for after dinner drinks or dessert, no more chances.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CJ E
LA
“This was the best food of our trip and we also at at latitudes.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

First let me start by saying we are in our mid 40's and enjoy fine dinning and are from New Orleans, so we are used to very good food and expect to pay around 180 to 260 for a good meal at a 5 start resturant. This was the very best meal we had in Key West, and we also ate at Latitudes, and Antonio's and enjoyed them as well. I'm not one for house drink specials but the pinapple martini is very good. We enjoyed everything we had. You can hear the music from the band playing below and if the Sun is setting in the right direction it is perfect for sun set.