“Worth EVERY dollar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hot Tin Roof

Hot Tin Roof
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Tin Roof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Hot Tin Roof features bright vibrant colors indicative of the overall style of the Ocean Key Resort & Spa. The restaurant's 3,000 square feet of dining features indoor seating for 60 and an outdoor deck overlooking Key West Harbor, accommodating up to 40 people. The restaurant's lounge, Stage Door, serves a unique selection of themed signature cocktails and is highlighted with a custom-designed mural by Key West artist Jeff Beal. "It's a melange of tastes and fragrances, combining traditional Florida foods with Latin, Caribbean and tropical influences. It's funky, fun, and fresh with a broad range of tastes and sensations. The restaurant features a relaxed elegance with dramatic water and sunset views.
Virginia
“Worth EVERY dollar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited for our anniversary and we could not have been happier!! The service just as amazing as the food. We loved the latin-infusion in most of the dishes and really fell in love with the tropical, romantic environment. If you go, try the mouthwatering stuffed lobster and the Hot Tin Tini! Make this restaurant a priority for your relaxing vacation itenerary.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Sister's Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I went here for my sister's birthday dinner while we were in Key West and the view alone was breath taking. The service was wonderful, food was delicious. After the beautiful sunset, it was still a little too warm for my family to continue dessert on their deck. They were very able to move us inside where it was cooler and more comfortable for us very quickly and easily. And we were still able to have a beautiful view.

Savannah, GA
“Great view, unhappy server”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went to Hot Tin roof for lunch after a recommendation from our concierge. The view was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, we had one of the rudest servers I have ever encountered. When I asked questions about the menu he seemed highly irritated with me. The meal was ok, but was overpriced for a lunch salad. There were other servers nearby that seemed very nice and helpful. Perhaps we just caught him on a bad day. I probably won't put this on my short list, but they have an incredible view!

• Visited August 2013
OceanKeyResort, Manager at Hot Tin Roof, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear ADP059,

I would like to personally apologize for the service you received at Hot Tin Roof. It is unbecoming for any of our staff to treat our guests in such an inappropriate manner. We put the utmost emphasis on our staff to be friendly and accommodating. Would you be so kind to let me know what day you dined with us? I am going to address this concern with all of our staff and would like to identify the individual who was not performing to our standards.

I would like to thank you for posting this review as it gives me the opportunity to improve any shortcomings in our service.

Please reach out to me directly at rlevering@oceankey.com

Rodger Levering
Food & Beverage Director
Homestead, Florida, United States
“A little too fancy for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Made reservations weeks in advance. The hostess placed us outside, directly in the sun, and when I asked if we could move tables she stated how they were booked up, even though there were about 4 tables open outside. Thankfully the gracious manager came around just to say hi and moved our tables, as I informed him that the sun beating down on my was uncomfortable. I have to say that the waiters were extremely friendly and wonderful; however, it is way too overpriced. I'll be skipping this place the next time I'm in Key West.

Visited August 2013
Novo Hamburg, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
“A great surprise !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We celebrate our wedding anniversary at Hot Tin Roof and this was one of our best experience in therms of dinner. The restaurant staff booked one of the best, if not the best table, with an amazing view of the sunset in Key West. Louis, who took care of us, was just fantastic. Thanks Louis !!! And the food: excelent. strongly recommended

• Visited July 2013