“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hot Tin Roof

Hot Tin Roof
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Tin Roof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 428 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Hot Tin Roof features bright vibrant colors indicative of the overall style of the Ocean Key Resort & Spa. The restaurant's 3,000 square feet of dining features indoor seating for 60 and an outdoor deck overlooking Key West Harbor, accommodating up to 40 people. The restaurant's lounge, Stage Door, serves a unique selection of themed signature cocktails and is highlighted with a custom-designed mural by Key West artist Jeff Beal. "It's a melange of tastes and fragrances, combining traditional Florida foods with Latin, Caribbean and tropical influences. It's funky, fun, and fresh with a broad range of tastes and sensations. The restaurant features a relaxed elegance with dramatic water and sunset views.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I are about a month away from our next trip to Key West, and this time we are actually considering dining here twice! We went for the first time last August for our anniversary and this is a huge reason why we are copying last year's trip. I had the paella and it was outstanding, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. This was literally almost a year ago and I can't stop thinking about what a great experience it was. The view was incredible and the drinks were perfect. I am literally putting my money where my my mouth is this time around, and we are eating here twice, that's how wonderful it was. It was pretty pricey, BUT the attire is like resort wear, I was was wearing slacks and my wife wore a dress, but there were dudes there in guayaberas

• Visited August 2012

Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and we were not disappointed. The scallop piccata was one of the best meals I have ever eaten! The scallops were seared perfectly and the sauce was unbelievably delicious! My husband loved his meal too. I would definitely recommend this place, even though it's a little pricey.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Fabulous food, atmosphere, and staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

What a great find. Food was so good at lunch we had to return for dinner and were not disappointed. The key lime pie is the best we've had from Charleston to Savannah to the Keys. Out of 10 different dishes we could not choose our favorite. Would definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars
“Wish it would have been more....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I decided to ignore some of the reviews when I should have known better. The ambiance was beautiful, the views were perfect, our server LOUIS was attentive and extremely knowledgable, but the food was not what I expected. My grouper was dry and the surf and turf for 2=$135 and I could have made it better myself. YUCK. Huge disappointment. Go for views and dessert. You want a REAL top notch dining experience? Hideaway Cafe in Grassy Key EXCEPTIONAL MEAL AND SERVICE with extensive wine list. Half price 10xs better food!!!

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Onchan, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Service and food very good
A little cramped inside but too hot to go out
The steak was excellent and so were the cocktails

Visited June 2013