“Didn't meet our expectations” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hot Tin Roof

Hot Tin Roof
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Tin Roof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Hot Tin Roof features bright vibrant colors indicative of the overall style of the Ocean Key Resort & Spa. The restaurant's 3,000 square feet of dining features indoor seating for 60 and an outdoor deck overlooking Key West Harbor, accommodating up to 40 people. The restaurant's lounge, Stage Door, serves a unique selection of themed signature cocktails and is highlighted with a custom-designed mural by Key West artist Jeff Beal. "It's a melange of tastes and fragrances, combining traditional Florida foods with Latin, Caribbean and tropical influences. It's funky, fun, and fresh with a broad range of tastes and sensations. The restaurant features a relaxed elegance with dramatic water and sunset views.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Didn't meet our expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We only had two nights in Key West, so you can imagine how much I poked around on Trip Advisor before we went, looking for the best places to eat. I don't have friends or family who visit often, and I hadn't been there in 20 years, so this was my best shot. I wouldn't go back. Our reservation was just past sunset, and apparently because I had reserved on Open Table, it wasn't clear that we preferred to dine outside. When I requested this, it was accommodated, so that was good. If we had been seated inside, we would have left. Food was average, service less than average (slow). There was a wedding party there as well, seated right behind us, so a lot of commotion associated with that (but cheers to them, it's a happy occasion). I had the mahi which was served at approximately the temperature of the sun. Could not comment on flavor as I was too busy fanning my mouth. My husband had the paella, which was in a word, okay. With all of the restaurants in Key West, this place must keep getting business because of the location.

OceanKeyResort, Manager at Hot Tin Roof, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear drsparty93,
I sincerely apologize that your dining experience was not to your expectations. While our location is one of the best anywhere, we must provide food and service to match. You are absolutely correct on your displeasure of the Mahi entrée. We have since changed the preparation of that particular menu item, in part based on customer feedback such as yours. I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your comments online, as this is one of our most important tools to continually improve our product. If you should ever return to Key West, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I would love to opportunity to treat you and your guest to dinner on your next visit.
Rodger Levering | Food & Beverage Director
rlevering@oceankey.com

Orefield, Pennsylvania
“A must in Key West!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous view coupled with fantastic food and a an awesome staff. Be sure to ask for an outside table to bask in the beautiful sunset!

• Visited May 2013
Leeds
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Visited this restaurant on a recommendation from a friend who visited last year. It was a Monday evening and very quiet, we almost had the place to our self. Service was very good, food was excellent, not the cheapest but still very good value.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Very good dinner the night we were married”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Hot Tin Roof the night we were married in Key West. The Manager, Joseph Lyles, was very kind and took excellent care of us. The food and ambiance was excellent, but the service was a little slow. They weren't overly busy or crowded, so I'm not sure of the reason, but it would not prevent us from recommending this restaurant to anyone else and we will return next time we're in Key West.

Mandeville, LA
“View saved the meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Food was good but did not meet the expectations. The best aspect of this restaurant is the view of the sunset. The waitress seemed to be annoyed when asked questions regarding the menu. The outside dining area is unique and perfect for the numerous boats passing during Conch Republic parade during our meal.

The unexpected "dinner show" was quite interesting as airplanes passed overhead dropping rolls of toilet paper and boats sprayed each other as they passed.

There are better choices in Key West if it is fine dining you are seeking.