“Pretty Darn Good”

Ranked #81 of 452 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Open Air Waterfront Bar - 2 Happy Hours Daily 8 a.m - noon & 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Great Live Music Day & Night - Local and National Acts - House Magician Nightly - Home of Classic Tall Ships & Tall Sailing Tales - Voted Most Local Popular Bar Since 1993 - Raw Bar with Fresh Gulf Shrimp & Oysters - Tempting Island Cuisine & Munchies - Serving a Great Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner & In BetweenJoin us were locals feel welcome and visitors feel local!
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I enjoyed our meal at this funky location - live music & casual atmosphere! I did try their buffalo shrimp with a salad and it was great. My husband ordered a fish dinner and enjoyed it. We both enjoyed the salad. We also had key lime pie and it was okay but not at the top of our Key West Lime Pie Taste Test!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,171)

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The food was terrible. I had the crab cakes and my wife had chicken fingers. I don't know how to describe the quality. I guess I would say you get a better meal at McDonalds. Tables and chairs are cheap plastic like the ones you would get in Walmart for $5. Service was a bit slow. We sat at a table relatively close to the bar. Employees were drunk and loud. Don't waste your time or money on this one.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Good service by Maia. Shrimp in coconut pretty standard. Michael McCloud singing and has a great voice. Mango Margarita not cheap but went down well. A bit out of the way but worth tracking down. Locals aplently drinking buckets of beer - I think there was a special on a bucket of five Coronas.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Great views of the bay and sunset. Food was good along with specialty drinks. Restrooms are a walk away thru parking garage of hotel so plan accordingly. Wharf walkway in front of hotel connects to Malory Square.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The food is equal to the entertainment add in atmosphere & you have a true Jey West experience...we like to go there during the day when Michael McCloud is playing; he's an institution in Key West who's been playing at Schooner for 20 years. Music is a mix of jimmy Buffett type music, his original songs & covers.