“Great place to grab our first drinks on Key West”

Hog's Breath Saloon
Ranked #101 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Can't speak to the rest of the menu, but the oysters and beers we had there hit the spot. It was the first bar I visited on Key West, and it was also my fiance's first bar visit on the island when she first visited the area. I liked walking past the group of colorful chickens on the way to the half-indoor/half-outdoor bar. Service was good and fast, but we didn't require much attention. Place was pretty packed and humming before noon...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stopped there for a few brews and enjoyed Hog's Breath beer and margaritas. There was live music playing and the crowd was friendly and enjoying the afternoon there.

Had to purchase a T-shirt from this bar and restaurant. Will return there next year for sure!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Seems like everyone in Key West has a Hog'Breath t shirt, it is advertised everywhere, seems very lively at night...we thought it must be a fabulous place.
The reservations system makes no sense. There is a Hostess stand, sort of, but she asks for no names and it is rather hit and miss. We came in and asked if we could sit in a just emptied table and she toldus to go right over.By the looks of others, I think they were ahead of us. She did not seem bothered at all.I saw others enter off the street, sit at a table and nothing was said.
My husband had the shrimp skewer and it was mediocre.I had the pulled porkand I have never seen pork come in a bun (dry) with a bottle of bbq sauce on the side. Really???
Not worth the hype!
Won't be back.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good food, reasonably priced, large selection.

Little noisy, tables close together, and smokers permeated the entire restaurant, even when inside.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stopped in for the key lime cocktail and some chicken wings and both were very good. The cocktail was like a delicious milkshake. Haven't had anything like it before. Sat at the bar. Great, friendly service. Enjoyable pit stop.