“A nice way to start the day”
Review of Banana Cafe

Banana Cafe
Ranked #55 of 488 Restaurants in Key West
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Louisa Street
Transit: Bus stop half block away
Description: French café established in 1992, popular for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offers the best of France mixed with local seafood in a relaxed indoor and outdoor dining overlooking fantastic Duval Street. Open non-stop from 7:30 am till 10 pm.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We hadn't been to the Banana Cafe in years. During our last visit we tried, but it was too crowded. This time we were pretty early for breakfast that there was no wait. We decided to eat at the bar/counter top area. I ordered the salmon eggs Benedict and my husband had one of there popular crepes filled with ham and cheese. The wait time was a little long, but once our food arrived it was very good. The inside area is quite charming as well.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (3,474)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant became out favorite place to eat in Key West. It's away from the cruise ship crowds, the staff is friendly and the food is great. The breakfasts are good. We had quiche lorraine a couple mornings--excellent. The omelets are also exceptional. All the hamburgers were great, as well. Key lime pie, tops. My wife liked the place, so I bought her a coffee mug. Good food, nice people. What else is there? Really.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Banana Cafe is a small restaurant at the south end of Duval Street which was convenient to us. Cuisine is sort of French, though the name isn't. I had the quiche lorraine with ham and swiss cheese. It was tasty (but I strongly suspect the ham to have been cut up lunch meat -- they could have at least diced up a ham steak). My wife had the yellowtail snapper which was excellent. We shared a flourless chocolate torte with vanilla ice cream which was also excellent. Good wine selection. The server did not tell us about the daily specials which we only learned of when overhearing about them at another table, halfway through our meal. Expect to spend about $35 per person.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I happened upon the Banana Cafe while walking in Key West one morning. The atmosphere is amazing and fun! Our server was very nice. We asked for recommendations from our server who thought we'd enjoy the savory crepes. Since I like Eggs Benedict and they serve it in crepe form, I ordered that. I asked about the key lime hollandaise sauce and said it sounded weird and he said if I liked regular hollandaise sauce, I've love this. I did not. I found this particular crepe to be flavorless and the sauce didn't add anything to it. It wasn't bad; just bland. My husband, however, ordered the steak and cheese crepe and that was delicious. So, my suggestion is if you are going to order a crepe, stick with the savory ones.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service is great here. This place is really cool in the inside. The crepes are great but the menu is vast. Everything we tried was excellent. La Grignote was closed which was a blessing because we got to come here.