“Very Key West Style; the dust has to GO!”
Review of Suite Dreams Inn

Suite Dreams Inn
Ranked #27 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Very Key West Style; the dust has to GO!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would have given this place a 5 if it had not been for the dust balls on the ceilings and walls; not to mention the dust and hair behind the bed. Very bad for sinus conditions; it immediately cleared up for us when we left the room.

At first glance, the room, (The Duval Room), appeared very clean, and with the exception noted above, it was. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the grounds were well kept. Even the small pool was very clean.

I would go back, given the location, price, and accomodating hotel staff; HOWEVER THE DUST HAS TO GO!!

Please train your cleaning crew; I have pictures of the dust balls - this could break you!!!

Room Tip: No room service on Sunday
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SuiteDreamsInn, Owner at Suite Dreams Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our inn. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with dust. I wish you had let me know right away that your room was not properly cleaned of dust. As a fellow allergy sufferer I would never want anyone to remain in a room that had excess dust. I would have been happy to re-clean with an emphasis on dust removal myself immediately so that you and your nose would have a more pleasant stay. As I said at check in, :"Let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant".

As you stated we offer many wonderful amenities that make Suite Dreams Inn a location that guests return to again and again. I hope a little dust won't "ruin" us. We usually score high points for cleanliness but myself and my terrific housekeeping staff are only human and occasionally something may be missed. I take full responsibility as I inspect each and every room/suite before check in. If you choose to stay with us in the future and there is any problem no matter how big or small, please let us know. This is your vacation and we want you to have the best experience possible.

Thanks again for your review and for staying at Suite Dreams Inn.

Jaime Laba
Innkeeper, Suite Dreams Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I were heading to Key West (where we were married) to celebrate our 3rd anniversary and were lucky enough to select Suite Dreams Inn. Sadly Isaac robbed us of what was supposed to be a great three day stay. Our early departure not only took away our time in Key West but also a long weekend at this fantastic inn. The rooms are spacious & well appointed, the grounds meticulously maintained, the location is great (close enough to Mallory and yet far enough away) and the owners are exceptional. Jaime spent a lot of time offering us recommendations for food & drinks as well as beaches where the locals out number the tourists. Suite Dreams is the kind of place my wife and I had been looking for and we will be back - hurricane season or not.

Room Tip: The building is two stories - next time I will request the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 13, 2012

2 day stay over and wou;ld have made it 3 after seeing place but unfortunately booked up. 10 mins walk from Duval St and beautiful comfortable room with private access, a very nice outdoor plunge pool and washing facilities and bike rental all on site. Basically the couple who own couldn't have been any nicer or more helpful,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheGreenTravelogue
Sverige
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

The word is small. It is a small hotel with only a few rooms, but it has most of what you need. We stayed in the Duval room and it is compact, and a bit noisy from the ac and the fridge. You can hear your neighbours through the thin wall. Nice patio for morning coffee and a tiny pool to cool you down after the walk to and from city center (20 min). Look for the black house cat and chase the small lizards. No rooster wakeup calls which we were glad to miss, they are all round town.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
philly
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We attended at wedding at Casa Marina and decided to stay at Suite Dreams for two nights, at the price of one night at Casa Marina. We shared a cab ride to both destinations with two family members. After dropping them at Casa Marina, he told us we made the better choice. He was absolutely right! My husband and I stayed in the Old Town Suite. It was very charming and private. The small pool was wonderful and we were the only ones using it the entire stay. I would recommend Suite Dreams to those who prefer a low-key stay over a crowded resort setting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Batavia, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed in the hemingway suite at suite dreams inn. The owners were very nice and easy to talk to. The suite itself was fabulous. My husband and I stayed there 3 nights with a few other friends who met us down in key west. Although the weather was less than ideal, the charm of the suite made up for it when we were stuck indoors. Our friends drove their car which was nice to get around the island considering the weather. The inn has bikes for rent on site which would have been an ideal way to get around if the weather would have been agreeable, it was too rainy and unpredictable to do that in my opinion. Definitely nicely priced for the accommodations. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank skw2017
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Quaint, great location, clean, the property is beautiful. Owners are hands on and were very accomodating.
Really enjoyed our stay - will return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple