“Very friendly, comfortable and well located”
Review of Duval Inn

Duval Inn
Ranked #55 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This bb had been recently refurnished and our room was lovely. The bed was actually the best mattress for the entire trip.
The staff was very friendly and the breakfast very yummy.

Thank you for the pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank manu_accioly

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great location, great price, quiet, comfortable and clean. We were very impressed with the property and the rooms. We had the Hibiscus room which was spacious and overlooked the pool area with a balcony. We enjoyed hanging out by the pool and on the front porch. You must attend happy hour at 5:00 at least once while you are there. If we ever come back to Key West, we will return to the Duval Inn. We were happy with everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked this place online after doing research and reading reviews. I was a bit skeptical as I had read a few not so great reviews and the pictures were not all that enticing. HOWEVER, this place was much more/better than I expected. Our room was priced at about $125 per night. It was about the cheapest place I could find....so that is scary, thinking that I might get what I pay for. The bathroom was shared with 2 or 3 other rooms (we had no problems with this and never had to wait for the bathroom) The bathroom was large and tastefully decorated with plenty of towels, shampoos and lotions. There was a bowl of sugar scrub on the vanity which I loved. (small details are so important). The property was very clean with workers always tidying up. The towels were large and white and soft. Our room was small with a nice sized queen (but we are not in our room much for anything but sleep). It was also tastefully decorated with contrasting white/black colors, the flooring was tile. A large mirror on one wall, a flat screen tv on the other wall, a stocked refrigerator (snacks and drinks for a fee) and an air conditioner. the bedding was fabulous and comfortable. Large beach towels were in our room as well as a hair dryer. The free breakfast included assorted yogurts, juices, bagels, sweet treats, coffee, water, fruit and probably some other stuff I am forgetting. This place has a great courtyard/pool area where the happy hour takes place. The pics online do not do it justice. Its small, but perfect for this inn, not too small either. We missed the daily happy hour from 5-6pm which offers free beer and alcohol cocktails, ect. FREE. How can you miss this happy hour? Well, we missed it because we went to the square(Mallory) to watch the sunset and the street performers. Both were great. If you have never watched a good street performer you are missing out. The woman who checked us in was adorable and sweet (Kat?) She allowed us to view one of the inn's other rooms and also offered to let us park in the inn's parking lot extra time- as long as it was not full. (the inn charges $10 per day to park & I found it to be worthwhile and convenient). The inn is a perfect location (half a block away) if you want to walk Duval Street and do the tourist thing (visit the shops, bars and restaurants, ect) But is is not that far from the main beach area, just a few miles drive. This hotel is a rare gem. I wish I could get this lucky with all my online bookings. Thank you Duval Inn!

Room Tip: If you are going to be out sighting all day and just need a room and a shower, choose the cheaper ro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank d w
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed in one of the rooms with a shared bath (Seahorse), and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and experience. Breakfast was also lovely too. The share bath rooms are great value as you get all the quality amenities of the up market accommodation at a great value price (By key west standards that is).
Fantastic Location, easy 15min stroll down to the port, parking located close (extra cost), very convenient. Can definitely recomend

Room Tip: FYI, the rooms with Shared bath, Seahorse and Dolphin are right by the front door, so every time som...
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised the moment I walked onto the property. It was like a little oasis tucked
away just a block from Duval Street. From the courtyard and pool area, to the tiki bar, every aspect of the Inn had great character. I was hesitant about booking a room without a private bath, but I honestly did not see anyone else in the bathroom during my whole stay. They do have rooms and suites with private baths as well, but they were sold out during my stay. The entire
staff made you feel welcome and after a couple of happy hours, you were made to feel like family. We met several repeat couples that had been coming back to the Duval Inn for years.
After our stay, I think I will be a repeat customer as well. If you want something different than your run of the mill hotel and want to experience the Key West atmosphere, then the Duval Inn is it!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very cute B&B just steps from Duval street. We did not notice street noise from either the room or the courtyard. Speaking of the courtyard, we loved everything about it. We enjoyed sitting out having coffee in the morning, but best of all was the happy hour. Kevin took great care making sure all the folks had drinks while telling all kinds of tales. We had a blast. As far as the room goes, we had a small room with shared bath. I will admit that we were a bit concerned about the bath situation coming down. Turned out to be no problem at all, as we had to wait a short time once or twice. Bathroom was very large and well appointed. Only real issue with the room was the loud AC (but not that big of a deal). Never heard the roosters while we were in the room, and found it to be neat listening to them on the patio area. Parking was handy also.
Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Duval Inn, just a stone's throw from Duval Street, is completely charming. From the people who work there to the foliage to the rooms themselves, it was a lovely experience. I especially loved the whatever detergent they use on the sheets and towels. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who visits the Keys!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business