“What a great little place”
Review of The Duval Inn

The Duval Inn
Ranked #51 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“What a great little place”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

First off...location- half a block from Duval St. The best part about the location is that you can walk just about everywhere, but it is also quiet. We were about 3 blocks from the party/big bar scene and right near a lot of cute shops and galleries. Close enought to walk to the Hemingway house, Mallory Square, butterfly conservatory, Lighthouse, etc.

We stayed in the Catherine room which is perfect for couples- super clean and a very nice room.

They do provide parking for an additional $10 a day which is well worth it. There is a little bar at the pool where they have a nice happy hour from 5-6 each day.

The staff was very polite and nice, and not overly intrusive whcih sometimes happens at B&Bs. They let you do your own thing.

Even if you don't stay here, do not go to a B&B without a pool- you will regret it.

Don't miss the 7:15 cat show at Mallory Square- hysterical!

Room Tip: The Catherine room was very nice and it is perfect for couples
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoshW852

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Duval Inn in July. The weather in Key West was horrendous, so we were unable to enjoy happy hour each evening. But we did enjoy breakfast and pool one evening, which has a lovely garden feel. We had two couples / two rooms. The Lauren Room in the main house was fantastic with the exception of some minor repairs. It was large, lots of windows, comfortable 4 poster bed, etc. However, the Leaf Room in the outer building smelled wet (like mold) and was quite cramped. The location was top notch just steps away from Duval Street and all major attractions. Each island end was very close. Easy walk to The Southernmost Point to the left (10 Minutes walk) and the Sunset Celebration to the right (10 minutes walk). And all the way in between were shops, restaurants and bars. Staff was pleasant, i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lauren Room in the Main House was fantastic.
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Traveled to Key West for the first time in July and I did some major research among tons on places mostly focusing on B&Bs and I was recommended to The Duval Inn by a friend so I went with it. On arrival it was somewhat late but the staff did show us around to our rooms and even let my friends upgrade to a bigger room even though it was around 730pm.
The next morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast and chat with Alex thankfully was very helpful on knowing where to go seeing as it was my first time there and also that nobody else in Key West had any good recommendations for food or anything. We didn't make it back to as many "happy hours" as i would have liked to because we were always doing things but the one we did make it to was a great time. It was nice meeting the other people that stayed in there and also the staff. They even allowed us to catch up since we got to happy hour late.
Location is great, it's far enough from all the noise but still close enough to walk everywhere on Duval St.
As for the rooms I would love to see in the near future to have a room or 2 that have 2 beds instead of just one and also a slight upgrade in the Seahorse room would be good, maybe to the likes of the dolphin room. Regardless, these minor things are nothing that would change my mind about the place being great.
I can't wait till i go back and possibly try out the Hibiscus and Key West rooms.

Thanks for an Amazing time!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you're choosing between the Dolphin and Seahorse room - choose the Dolphin room it's slig...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I hit a home run here. Was looking for a moderately priced B&B that was available and had received good reviews. Well, this is it! My expectations were exceeded in most every way. The rooms are clean, the pool is nice, but most of all, I was overwhelmed by the friendliness, helpfulness, and charm of the staff. I especially enjoyed the nightly Happy Hour from 5-6 pm. It is a great chance to meet and learn from other travellers. Roy, the bartender, is a class act and fun to hang out with. I would definitely stay here again, no complaints!

Bradenton
Reviewed August 5, 2012

THE best location 1 block off Duval Street in the center of town so was convenient to EVERYTHING! The Staff was superb . . . serving breakfast (gourmet treats), happy hour drinks at their tiki bar . . . relaxing music at the pool. The perfect place to stay... we will definately be back. The room was cheery and clean... with little chocolates to greet us. They have thought of everything. Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't brag on this place too much . . . I may not be able to get a room next time . . . .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie V
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I made reservations in March 2012 for a stay in March 2013, received confirmation AND paid for the first night. Then I was called in May and told there was a "double-booking" and was no longer able to stay at the Duval Inn. I don't believe there ever was a "double-booking", I was told that a wedding party was there for the weekend and I think they wanted the whole place for themselves and we were kicked out. I am extremely disappointed how WE were the ones with the "double-booking". Then they tried to get us to stay "across the street". When I looked that place up, it was a time-share and looked terrible! We booked a B&B for a reason, not to be shoved into a time-share. I would NEVER recommend this B&B to anyone, or EVER try to stay there again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Hochzoll
Islamorada, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Although my husband and I live in the Florida Keys we always enjoy our trips to Key West. We especially enjoyed this trip to the Duval Inn where we found the nicest staff, cleanest room and great location. Happy hour was a plus and the bar was far more stocked than I have ever seen. Breakfast was great with a variety of items to start your day.