“Great time in the keys”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Courtyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

3.5 of 5 bubbles Average - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

“Mermaid Cove Key West”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

The Mermaid Cove made for an excellent experience for first timers staying on Duval. It is gated complex behind Franco's Pizza. We had 10 people staying there.

The first room is upstairs. It has one room and has the only kitchen for the entire complex. Its location makes it inconvenient to serve food if you plan on making meals and serving them to everyone who is in the downstairs common area. There was also a loud continuous noise coming from the restaurant fans from next door.

There are three additional cottages downstairs with the entrance to each cottage outside. This is great if there are three other couples that want a private place to stay. One has a two twin beds, two others with a queen beds. One of the queen rooms has a rickety futon couch.

The outdoor common area is nice because everyone can congregate outside without getting their living quarters dirty. Although It is a hassle when it rains because there is only a small uncomfortable place upstairs for everyone to sit.

Truly, what we paid for was the time of year and the location. We stayed there after Christmas until New Years-and it was absolutely beautiful (even though it did rain a few days while we were there). We could walk to the opposite end of Duval where all the tourist attractions were (even with kids). There was a bike rental place close by, eateries, art, drag, bars, parking and the Hemingway House and southernmost point just a block over.

If luxury and comfort are unimportant, and mobility is not an issue, this a great place to stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Value 2 of 5 bubbles Rooms

5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 4 of 5 bubbles Service
“madd”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

the place isn't bad, its in a good location down duval st. Only a few problems we had all the doors locked and the front gate locked but you can reach around it a unlock it. some time after 2.30 am someone came one the property and stole liquor, cigars and a speaker to a iPod. Made us fill unsafe knowing we were feet away from the these punks. there is a shady strip club that over looks the property my guess it was them. Also had a ant problem. Other than that it was fine.

4 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Location 3 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 3 of 5 bubbles Service
A TripAdvisor Member
“Just what we were looking for...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Our group had a fabulous stay at mermaid cove. Great location. Right price. Everything was great. Hope to come back soon!

“Bachelor party must.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

8 of my buddies and I went to key west for a bachelor party. The mermaid cove was absolutely perfect. The four separate sleeping areas made it perfect for those who wanted a quite night or for those who wanted to stay up a little longer and have some fun. The location was about a half mile from all the bars but right near the beach. So perfect location. I would recommend this to anyone looking to visit key west with a larger group.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Location 4 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 4 of 5 bubbles Service
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Kevin was a lifesaver on accomodating our needs on very short notice. The rental was spacious, clean, and very accessable to the many attractions in Key West. We have his number in our phones and will definately contact again for a future visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
$600
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing