“Best anniversary dinner ever”
Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Fleming and Southard Street on Duval
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary and actually had a bottle of wine we had been saving for quite awhile. The cork was a little dry at the top but fine by the wine. The staff spent at least 10 minutes opening it so the cork did not crumble and then decanted it. The service was amazing, the food some of the best Italian I have ever had. It was just perfect. Definitely a do over for us.

There are newer reviews for La Trattoria

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my favorite place for Italian food in Key West. The food is always consistent and delicious. They have a good selection of wines , great martinis, and ask for Bill to wait on you! He makes everything fun and his service is impeccable. If anyone comes to visit me, I always take them there, love the downtown location but the Oceanside space is also excellent.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

La Trattoria has excellent food, but ther service is not the best. The food is worth anything and I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We wanted to eat at a fine dining restaurant and were not disappointed. Our waiter was so friendly, drinks were perfect, food from bread to appetizer to entree were delicious. When we visit Key West in the future, we will definitely eat here agin!!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife wanted Italian so although dubious about the quality of authentic italian food in Key West, we sought out a good restaurant with good reviews. We stepped in and the ambiance was great. Service was very friendly an attentive as well. Problem is the food was very lackluster. The ingredients were of decent quality so I blame it on the preparation. My linguine with clam sauce tasted like linguine francese. It had clams but tasted nothing of clams. It tasted of heavy lemon juice mixed with raw garlic and butter. It tasted very french in fact, not Italian. My wife got the spaghetti bolognese which had a strange herbal flavor to it and it cid not have the flavor we have come to expect from this dish. Granted we are from NYC and routinely eat some of the best Italian this side of Italy, but we aren't super snobby and frequently enjoy local neighborhood pizza joints just fine. Our major problem here was simply the food did not taste italian. Again very nice ambiance and service but if you are looking for a rustic italian experience it would be hard to recommend this restaurant.