“1 dish let down the meal but the rest was excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Fleming and Southard Street on Duval
Las VEgas
“1 dish let down the meal but the rest was excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We ate early as it was a Saturday night and we hadn't made a reservation but they had a table for us, albeit at the entrance. It was OK except for the waiter who insisted on standing behind my wife watching through the window - c;mon guys, a little privacy please.

I ordered the Escargot and she has the Bruschetta as apps - the escargot were nicely cooked but the sauce could have done with a touch more brandy to give it a bolder flavor. The Bruschetta was apparently served on plain bread (did someone forget to toast it?) and so was soggy although very flavorful.
For entres she had simple Spaghetti Bolognaise - the pasta was perfectly cooked, slightly al dente was we like it and the sauce was bold with a nice punch to it. I chose the Gnocchi Gorgonzola which is still hardening my arteries as I write this but OH, SO good! The sauce was rich, creamy and laden with garlic and the gnocchi were light and fluffy with the cheese oozing out as you bit into it - definitely one to be repeated if I can get a repeat anti-colesterol medicine from doc :)
The house chianti was very drinkable and we had the customary bottle of San Pelegrino which every Italian restaurant should serve.

Value for money for Key West was good.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some of the best Italian food since I left New York!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a pleasant surprise this was on our first night in Key West. On Duval away from the craziness. Great ambience, service and food. They had Spaghetti with Oil and Garlic on the menu so I went for it. Most places do not even offer it. It was awesome! My wife had a Tortelini Dish with a cream sauce and ham and peas. Can't remember the name but it was incredible and plentiful. We took left overs to our hotel and stored in the fridge for lunch the next day. It was just as good if not better. Highly recomend this place to all...

• Visited October 2012
Jackson, Tennessee
“Authentic Italian restaurant in Key West”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to my wife and I by several different locals, and it didn't disappoint. We had eaten plenty of seafood and wanted something different one night. This is a traditional Italian restaurant in a comfortable dressy casual (Key West style) setting. The food was excellent from appetizer to salads to entrees to desert. The tiramisu was as good as any I've ever had. Also, there is a nice wine list. The dining room got a little noisy when full, but that was the only negative. I will definitely so back when I return to Key West.

Visited September 2012
New York City
“A pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

When we first saw the address of this restaurant, we were apprehensive. But despite its surroundings, it turned out to be a very nice dining experience. The chef certainly knows his/her way around the kitchen, the service was fine and friendly, and there were some respectable choices on the wine menu, moderately priced. The mood here is cheerful--everyone seemed to be having a fine time, and there was a refreshing absence of affectation. Their entree special was a fresh fillet of local yellowtail snapper, in season now, sauteed in browned butter, and served with wild rice and sautéed fresh green beans. My partner enjoyed tortellini in a white Romano cream sauce with peas and mushrooms. We followed that with their signature dessert: dark and white chocolate mousses over a light Creme Anglaise. Killer! Very pleasurable dining experience. Recommended. Will return.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Escape from Duval”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner here. Everything was freshly prepared and to order. The portions were reasonable as we're the prices. Our food was excellent. Food quality was better than one of the 5 star restaurants we tried. The lemon sorbet for desert was light and delicious.

We completely enjoyed ourselves here and would highly recommend.