“Cafe Sole is one of those out of the way places that is worth checking out.”
Review of Cafe' Sole'

Cafe' Sole'
Ranked #77 of 389 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frances St.
Description: Cafe Sole has captured the hearts and palates of locals and visitors lucky enough to discover this culinary gem off the beaten path. By combining his French mastery of sauces with fresh locally caught seafood, John has created a menu unlike any on the island, where every dish is bursting with indescribable flavors. Mutton snapper in pesto and champagne, yellowtail in a beurre blanc of lobster or a rare hog snapper with red pepper zabaglione top a list of nightly specials. As for the classics, the Duck a L'Orange, Rack of Lamb with herb de Province and Lobster Bouillaise are as authentic as you will find this side of Paris. Chef Correa combines the best of both of his worlds, European and Caribbean to win the People's Choice and Best Entree awards at a recent Master Chefs Classic
Reviewed April 26, 2017

My husband and I have been coming to Key West for over 11 years now and always make sure we have at least one dinner at Cafe Sole. It is on the pricey side, but the food and service is always spot on.

The restaurant is located off of Duval which gives its added charm. They recently opened up the dinner room so even though it is small, it feels more open. The menu offers a nice variety of both cold and hot appetizers. I had the angels on horseback, while my husband had the beef carpaccio. And of course we both had to have their signature dish - hogfish snapper. To some the portion may seem on the smaller side, but it is a very rich dish with the amazing red pepper sauce served with it.

If you want to take a walk off the beaten track and see the beautiful quiet streets of Key West, be sure to walk on over to Cafe Sole. You will be glad you found this hidden gem.

Date of visit: April 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed April 22, 2017

Here is the problem with Cafe Sole, that unless you can take advantage of the off season happy hours, I always feel taken advantage by their pricing when I leave. The Hogfish is very good, but the condiments have been the same for years and are the same on many meals. A dob of mashed potatoes, a dob of rice, a dob of carrots and a dob of baby lima beans. Year after year after year. It's kind of like going to Mom's for T-giving and always having the same meal! But this is a restaurant that would go to multiple times a year, for their off season happy hour prices, if they could get a bit more creative! The $38 for the Hog fish special is also pretty hard to swallow when many restaurants in KW serve Hog fish in the mid 20s.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

The bartender at our Inn recommended Cafe Sole to me as a local spot that is away from the crowd. So glad he did. My wife and I had one of the best dinners. Seafood was fresh and tasty. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. We will definitely make reservations on our next trip to KW.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

Recommended to try this quaint side street restaurant. You will be amazed at food, choices, service and the perfection of a dish we never had tried, HogFish Snapper. A very fresh speared fish that they present to pefection! The waiter from South Africa was spot on and so polished and polite. I am ready for more.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Cafe Sole was wonderful. Our server was Dan and he was great. We had the Angel on Horseback they were so good. My husband had the hogfish and I had the Streak Diane both our dishes were delicious.

I had the Key Lime pie for dessert and omg it was wonderful. I loved the marshmallows on top.

This is a place that we will go to every time we visit Key West.