“Yummy”
Review of Cafe Sole

Cafe Sole
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frances St.
Description: Cafe Sole has captured the hearts and palates of locals and visitors lucky enough to discover this culinary gem off the beaten path. By combining his French mastery of sauces with fresh locally caught seafood, John has created a menu unlike any on the island, where every dish is bursting with indescribable flavors. Mutton snapper in pesto and champagne, yellowtail in a beurre blanc of lobster or a rare hog snapper with red pepper zabaglione top a list of nightly specials. As for the classics, the Duck a L'Orange, Rack of Lamb with herb de Province and Lobster Bouillaise are as authentic as you will find this side of Paris. Chef Correa combines the best of both of his worlds, European and Caribbean to win the People's Choice and Best Entree awards at a recent Master Chefs Classic
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had dinner at Cafe Sole last week. THis was our first try of this restaurant and was VERY pleased. Set in the middle of the old town neighborhood, not much ambience but inside was very cozy and charming. Service was very good. Specials were amazing. The food was light and crisp with an excellent taste and presentation. Good value for money. Would definetly return again. Desserts were good also. The four of us all had 1 of the nightly seafood specials and were very pleased.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It had been a while since I dined at this restaurant. Over the years, living in KW, this has been one of my favorites. So sad that this last visit was pretty awful. Server spoke very loud (guess he thought we were hard of hearing) and was not very attentive. Place seemed to be in chaos from a service and kitchen standpoint. Soup was stone cold (and served by someone from the kitchen in a tank top), and entrée was tasteless. So sorry this was my choice to bring family visiting from out of town for dinner. Not a very good impression.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have recently visited Key West for the first time.In addition to the amazing time my friends and I had, we enjoyed eating in some of the local restaurants. In general, the food was excellent, especially at Cafe Sole "the best kept french secret of Key West" the food was terrific.Our server (Alec) offered a variety of wines and invited us to try the portabello mushroom and lobster bisque soup, both amazing! My entree (hog fish) was tasty and fresh so was my friend's dish. The atmosphere was very casual and charming! Good job!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you have any self-respect, don’t go to Café Solé. The staff presents the check with an 18% tip “at their discretion alone” even for tables of 2 –and then, leaves the tip line open so you add another tip. I visited Café Solé and told them this is inappropriate and the waiter treated us like pariah. I wrote to the owner who responded that this is not their policy, apologized and said he would hold a staff meeting to rectify this. Based on this, I decided to revisit the restaurant. Know what: same thing again, and when I asked that the automatic tip to be removed, we were aggressively humiliated in front of other dinners. I always leave a 20% tip anyway. Terrible.
And on top of it, the food is just okay. All the dishes are served with exactly the same vegetables. And the waiter systematically tells you what you should order and drink, all of which is the most expensive.
Don’t waste your time.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nine years living here and this has been one of my most favorite restaurants. Ordered an old favorite and something new. One was tasteless and the other was so overcooked it was inedible. Mentioned this to a rather condescending waiter and he asked if we wanted to take the food home. RIP. We won't be back.