“Pleasant Beachside Surprise”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Virginia
“Pleasant Beachside Surprise”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We ate lunch at Salute as a part of a large group. The wait staff impressively served our group in a timely manner. My husband and I both had the shrimp salad sandwich with a side of potato salad. Each was just delicious, and it saddened me to leave some of the latter to save room for the key lime pie. There are many variations of key lime pie, but this one with the 4" or more of meringue topping has to be one of the best there is! Salute is a special place to dine.

• Visited December 2013

• Greek first
New York City, New York
“Fun, great happy hour specials”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Salute! was ok. Better for drinks than food. Nice location on the beach & close to the Casa Marina. Service is also not great, but their happy hour specials largely make up for it. Live music (bongos) springs up & creates a really fun, apres beach scene.

Visited May 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“I would not return”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Service was okay. Food was mediocre. The menu is pretty limited. I ended up ordering the chicken sandwich. It was pretty dry. I asked for a side of the mango salsa to moisten it up. I was brought a large bowl of the salsa that could have served an army. Then I was charged $4. In principle it would have been nice if the waiter asked if I wanted a huge bowl for $4. My friend ordered a salad. It was not very fresh. I guess when you have a restaurant in Key West on the beach, you can serve average good and charge an arm and a leg and get away with it. Actually the prices are not too bad, but the portions were not very large. I had to have a snack after lunch and I am a 5'5" 125 pound woman.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Key Lime Pie is a MUST!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at Salut! tonight. It was absolutely amazing. I had the Shrimp Carbonara and my husband had the Shrimp and Basil Marinara Linguini. Both were excellent, plus the Key Lime pie was to die for. Made fresh onsite with about a 4" meringue on top. The view is great, literally on the beach. Just may have to watch out for flying volleyballs. Lastly, service was great. Server was extremely attentive and gave wonderful recommendations. Definitely a must visit when in key west!

St. Albert, Alberta
“On the beach!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Enjoyable relaxed experience literally on the beach! Staff obviously loved their work with fast efficient service. Food was tasty and very nice key lime pie.

• Visited November 2013