“Outstanding Gem”
Review of Mo's Restaurant

Mo's Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Outstanding local joint with attentive service, tasty food, and one of the most authentic experiences you'll find. The kitchen serves up outstanding Carribbean creole cuisine and the waitstaff anticipates your needs. We strongly recommend saving room for dessert, although you'll be tempted by most of the menu.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We love trying local's restaurants and based on reviews Mo's looked like a great option. Went for lunch (didn't open til exactly noon). Never tried it and heard lots about it so I ordered the creole oxtail ($12). My bride ordered the creole pork ($10). She has red beans and rice and I had black beans and rice. The food was tasty, but I was a bit disappointed in the small serving I received and when I reviewed the bill I noticed we were charged $6 more than the menu price. When I brought it up with the owner he said he gave us the wrong menu (even though He showed me the same menu we ordered) and said they "jack up" the prices at this time of year! I appreciate the honesty, but really? He reluctantly charged the menu price. Oh, by the way, while discussing this with him I noticed a young man, obviously a local, who was eating the same dish I ordered...only about twice the portion size!..Never again and buyer beware!

1  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I'm shocked this isn't rated higher. This was seriously the best meal I've had in some time and each of the people I was with agreed.

It is a cute small restaurant located a bit on the outskirts of the downtown area. My friends and I walked here from Old Town and it took only about 20 minutes.

I ordered the Veggie Casserole, my friends got the Hen Chicken and the Grouper. None of us could put down our forks, and the portions were plenty. And it was all we could talk about for the remainder of the trip.

It is not overpriced and the service was awesome. Please don't miss out and check this

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had excellent grouper and snapper served in a Cajun sauce with rice and vegetables. The seafood was fresh and delicious. This restaurant is a simple place, but the service was good and our meal very good.

1  Thank lovetotravel560
Reviewed February 26, 2014

After wintering in Key West for years, we finally made it to Mo's this evening for one of the best dinners I've ever had on this island. We walked in the door (and even though I'd heard it wasn't fancy), I was surprised. It really is kind of a dive with a few tables and a bar along one side of the room. The waitress answered all the questions we had about the various dishes and we all ordered one of their Creole specialties. I had the Creole Shrimp Pasta which was truly amazing...not to mention a huge portion which my husband and I could easily have shared. They don't have a full bar but serve beer and wine. Altogether it was a perfect meal for a very low cost. If you're looking for a place to eat that's not out of the ordinary, for sure go to Mo's on White St.

1  Thank EmersonBayCity