“Cannot stop thinking about how good this food was!”
Review of Mo's Restaurant

Mo's Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I'm shocked this isn't rated higher. This was seriously the best meal I've had in some time and each of the people I was with agreed.

It is a cute small restaurant located a bit on the outskirts of the downtown area. My friends and I walked here from Old Town and it took only about 20 minutes.

I ordered the Veggie Casserole, my friends got the Hen Chicken and the Grouper. None of us could put down our forks, and the portions were plenty. And it was all we could talk about for the remainder of the trip.

It is not overpriced and the service was awesome. Please don't miss out and check this

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had excellent grouper and snapper served in a Cajun sauce with rice and vegetables. The seafood was fresh and delicious. This restaurant is a simple place, but the service was good and our meal very good.

1  Thank lovetotravel560
Reviewed February 26, 2014

After wintering in Key West for years, we finally made it to Mo's this evening for one of the best dinners I've ever had on this island. We walked in the door (and even though I'd heard it wasn't fancy), I was surprised. It really is kind of a dive with a few tables and a bar along one side of the room. The waitress answered all the questions we had about the various dishes and we all ordered one of their Creole specialties. I had the Creole Shrimp Pasta which was truly amazing...not to mention a huge portion which my husband and I could easily have shared. They don't have a full bar but serve beer and wine. Altogether it was a perfect meal for a very low cost. If you're looking for a place to eat that's not out of the ordinary, for sure go to Mo's on White St.

1  Thank EmersonBayCity
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just came back from a wonderful lunch at Mo's. I ordered the pork creole dish and my husband ordered the grouper sandwich. My pork creole came with a huge portion of dirty rice and beans and tostones (fried green plantains). I couldn't begin to finish my meal! Expertly prepared, the pork chunks were deliciously crispy on the outside while staying tenderly moist. Creole seasonings provided a happy balance to the pork. The fried grouper sandwich came with a big helping of rice and beans. The grouper was a healthy size and perfectly prepared. Meals are a great price - my pork creole is $11 and the grouper sandwich only $9.95. We both tried the homemade lemonade ($3) which is quite good and unusual with a sweet/tart flavor. Food is all made fresh to order so it took a little longer to prepare - definitely worth the wait.
Lots of seafood offerings on menu - escargot dinner special at $15.95, snapper and grouper were under $20. Saw a ribeye special that looked good at under $20.
Restaurant is small, clean, with beautiful Haitian paintings on the walls and casual atmosphere. The chef is also the owner and his teenage son was working with him. I like supporting our locally owned businesses and my only regret is not coming in years ago. We will definitely be coming back here.

1  Thank TheLostTourist
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I came here by myself for dinner one night after doing a yoga class right next door. I had read rave reviews on Tripadvisor. It is a Mom and Pop Caribbean restaurant- a hole-in-the-wall with locals (or family members) sitting at the counter and there are a bunch of paper money pasted up behind the counter. It is decorated with paintings of colorful Caribbean scenes and when you enter are hit with the overwhelming smell of garlic. There is actually a garlic clove (with smiling face) on the sign for Mo's and they use a lot of garlic in their cooking. I ordered the snapper filet, which my waitress recommended. It was a good, with a tasty broth full of garlic and coconut milk, but was a little on the salty side. It came with a generous serving of white rice, vegetables and black beans served in a little dish on the side. However, when I went to our the black beans over my rice, there were like 10 beans and the rest was black juice, so it was more like a soup. The veggies- carrot halves, cauliflower and green beans were still nice and crunchy and tasted good. They also have things like Oxtail, if that's your thing and supposedly, the pie here is great but I was full so didn't try it. The prices were reasonable and the staff friendly.

1  Thank Glee47