“Most authentic Cuban food in Key West”

El Siboney Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've been going to Key West for 20 years and El Siboney is a restaurant we go to each time and usually more than once. Everything on the menu is great, but our favorites are the half garlic chicken, the garlic shrimp, the pork tenderloin, and the steak. The aromas out of their kitchen will make your mouth water. This is not white table cloth. It's a LOCAL family restaurant that is serious about their food. Try their sangria and enjoy a true Cuban meal. You are in for a treat!

Julio D, Owner at El Siboney Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

There's nothing better than hearing from such a long-time loyal customer, Laurie! It's wonderful to know that our laid-back vibe and classic Cuban dishes have kept you coming back for all these years, and here's to many more!

Until next time,

There are newer reviews for El Siboney Restaurant

Reviewed July 22, 2014

A new friend recommended this place. Food was delightful and plentiful. My wife had shredded steak and I went for a fish dish, really delicious. Service good and quick. Highly recommended for a taste of some home cooked, authentic and plentiful food.

PS - this place is nice and casual (flip flops, shorts) so please don't think it's a fancy evening place. Great place nonetheless.

1  Thank p0lak

"Delightful" and "plentiful"? Those are two adjectives we'll never grow old of hearing! Thanks a million for letting other reviewers know about our delicious dishes and casual vibe. The next time you're across the pond, be sure to pay us another visit!

All the best,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Everything here was delicious! I had the ropa vieja but my friends pernil was even tastier. Highly recommended

Julio D, Owner at El Siboney Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

We're thrilled to have impressed you so much with that Ropa Vieja! Thanks so much for your 5-star recommendation.

Until next time,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Boring food, rude cashier (she would not even help my date when he wanted to buy a cigar!), and some dude was using the lady's room. I know it was a guy, I saw his parts. I do not ever want to go back.

Julio D, Owner at El Siboney Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

We're shocked to hear you were so let down during your visit, Kalie. We would've loved to have known which dishes you ordered, and what you felt was underwhelming about them. We're also sorry to hear our cashier's service fell short -- we'll be looking into this immediately. We truly hope you'll reconsider coming back in the future -- we'd love to show you what all the buzz is about.

All the best,

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I consider myself pretty good at judging Cuban food as I grew up in Miami and have eaten jot at many places. This was one of the best Cuban restaurants I have ever visited. We got there fairly early as it is in walking distance from my sister in law's home. We were seated quickly and water was already on the table before we even sat down. Yummy Cuban bread followed soon after. My husband and brother in law both ordered the Number 1 (skirt steak), I ordered Vaca Frita (my favorite) and my sister in law got Puerco Asada. All of us were very pleased with the food we had. Portions were generous, the prices were on the low side and everything tasted amazingly delicious!

Julio D, Owner at El Siboney Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

We're thrilled to have won over a Cuban food fan such as yourself! A lot of love's gone into perfecting our dishes, so to hear that everything tasted "amazingly delicious" really makes our day. The next time you're visiting your in-laws, we'd love to welcome you back -- there are many more dishes still to try!

Until then,