“Now I know I love Cuban food!”

El Siboney Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Never had it before but after reading the reviews, we knew we wanted to try Cuban food. Parking would have been difficult but we got a spot just as someone was leaving. I had ropa vieja and now I want to try to make it at home. Loved the rice and beans too, and I'm really not a bean eater. The bread was delicious. Plaintains, not so much, but that's just personal preference, not a comment against the preparation. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The preparation was simple, and tha is precisely what made our Group dinner so great ... It was lightly sauteed, yet very flavorful. We also enjoyed the yellow rice, black bean soup, cuban bread and plantains. This was a great find, and we highly recommend going there!

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I have gone here over twenty years and finally am reviewing it. El Siboney is a local Cuban place with the same simple furnishings and funky wall hangings and sculptures since I have gone. The reason to go is the food simple, good, fresh and reasonable. I love everything about it except the wine. Chablis for white! The pork, chicken and fish are great. I had whole crispy fish and my wife had Ropa. A note if you want paella call ahead and get there earlier. There are no reservations but you can go and gt drinks while you wait outside. Be sure to read the story about the Siboney Indians the restaurant is named for. Enjoy

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We've been coming to Key West for a long time and El Siboney's has been a regular stop, great comfort Cuban food, fast service and prices are really reasonable. Expect a wait to be seated but well worth the wait. Will always frequent again and again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Cannot believe we have been coming to Key West for 10 years and it took that long to try this wonderful restaurant.
Great food and the best prices on the island. All the travel magazines mention this as the place to go and they were not wrong. Very crowded so go early if you do not want to wait. The sangria alone is worth the visit