“Awesome, no-frills Cuban Food!”

El Siboney Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 449 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Loved this place. The food was superb. I went with nine people and all hands loved their selection. This place is legit. The ambience is no-frills with efficient and friendly wait staff. The word is out, we had to wait 40 minutes for a table - though we went at 7 pm; prime dinner hour. If you want a casual, tasty Cuban style garlic chicken, pork or beef with black beans and yellow rice and don't mind down-home style, this place is for you.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Being Cuban I truly enjoy finding a place that cooks like" mama use too"
Great everything. Don't miss it. Try the ham croquetas and fried yuca for an app.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ok - to qualify the title I have to say we had a group of nine. It was christmas week so it is a busy time of year. We waited outside in a hungry swarm of about 30 other people who were all anticipating an outstanding Cuban meal. We waited 40 minutes (actually we walked around and looked at the beautiful homes in the area) and got a table. I had the steak while some others in my group had the roasted pork, grouper and chicken. All were excellent. The mahi mahi was not so good according to my mother in law - it was awful. However, she snacked on our chicken and pork and she really liked it. Prices were very reasonable in a simple but lively environment. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We have dinner here every time we are in the keys. I'm not sure what another poster meant when he referred to this place as pricey for the area. My grilled beef (vaco frita) was $10.75 and it came with 2 sides and my husbands grilled grouper was $14.95 and also had the 2 sides and let me tell you the portions are large. The place is not fancy but it definitely has that local island feel.
We look forward to dinner here and will continue to do so....

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I never had Cuban food until last year when all the locals recomended this one. I think this is my favorite find because it was so unexpected. Its on my must do list every time im in Key West.The food has soo much flavor but not spicy like i just assumed. This is located in a residentual area off of ( Catherine st. I Think) Just know that you get a lot of food on your plate. You can't go wrong ordering the Cuban Mix ( sandwich ) or the skirt steak.