“disappointed”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been to 2 other Cuban restaurants and they were fantastic.This compared to them:poor.I felt the rice was microwaved due to being hard.The plantains were great.The steak was good but no chimchurri suce which was a huge disappointment.The iced tea was very bad.Table was dirty in spots.I thought the service was good.Hubby had roast pork chunks-he said they were good;ok...nothing great.
Let me add,when we walked in I did not want to sit where everyone entered.I went into another room where others were sitted.I was told about a small table for 2 in there-"You don't want to sit here.See up here water leaks."Meanwhile a few minutes later they sat another woman there.

3  Thank nancy s
There are newer reviews for El Siboney Restaurant

Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I was in key west for a conference and one of thr other attendees recommended this restaurant and I am so glad we took her recommendation.

My companion and I both had the siboney steak which was nicely cooked and seasoned and served with plantains and rice and beans. Huge portion and everything was very tasty.

Their sangria was amazingly good - cool and sweet and fresh and perfect for a hot night in key west.

I highly recommend this restaurant for great Cuban food.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Headed after from a recommendation from Authors' Guest House ... and what a find! Absolutely divine and authentic Cuban food to die for, great service, and ridiculously cheap. One of the highlights of our five weeks in the States.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had a tamale and yucca for my meal, my husband had the Boliche sandwich and our friend ordered the piccadillo ground beef with black beans and yellow rice. Our order came up fast, the portions were large, and the food tasted very good! The facility was in excellent condition and very clean and very orderly! Our server was good. We enjoyed the meal and will come again next time we visit Key West. We would recommend this as a good place to eat good Cuban food!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

The prices were good and the amount of food was a great bargain.