“Great mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Six of us ate there in may. Service was o.k. and no separate checks. But the food was 5 stars. Overall we loved it and would return.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Service was good, but food tasted more like Cuban than Mexican. Flavor wasn't enjoyable and I thought it was overpriced for the portions.

1  Thank Anthony S
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The back patio is perfect! Try the loaded cheese dip with chorizo (green peppers and onions, too!) The chicken floutas were amazing!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I left San Diego in 1999 when I retired from the Navy, and we've been longing for the wonderful Sopa de Albondigas (meatball soup) that was served in the best Mexican restaurants from Old Town to Carlsbad. We were delighted to find that Chico's in Key West had this on their menu, as well as great Chiles Rellenos and shredded beef chimichangas. The staff was friendly, gracious, and entertaining. The portions were generous. The food was absolutely delightful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We got seated very quickly, our food came out way too fast. I literally tasted like I was eating a previously frozen tv dinner. I had 2 enchiladas and the red sauce was not red it was brown. The chips felt like they had been nuked, and the salsa was gross. There is a mexican restaurant in my home town of Sebring, FL that just puts them to shame. I will never go back there again.

1  Thank Punksk8r