“bento box”

Ranked #128 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Ambrosia Sushi Restaurant. Located in Key West since 1998, we have been meticulously crafting the finest sushi and Japanese food on the island. Our elegant decor and prime location is perfect for special dinner occasions. Join us for a perfect and authentic Japanese culinary experience. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ordered the Bento box for lunch at the pool of the Santa Maria Suites.
All I can say, make sure you share it, huge portions.
Miso soup to start, California Roll was fresh and tasty, tempura was really hot and crunchy, chicken katsu was excellent.

Wish I had had time to dine inside for dinner, if it is anything like lunch, you can not go wrong.
Oh yeah, it was only $14.00 delivered pool side

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful. Pricy and poor service. No Japanese chefs?... web site says different. Takara (Marathon) or kaiyo (islamorada) is much better. I live in marathon and tonight I was disappointed overall. I really looked forward to dinner at ambrosia for months as special birthday celebration.... unfortunately it wasn't that great. We left 20% on a 104.00 bill and chalked it up as another overrated restaurant in key west. We parked across the street and got a 25.00 parking ticket..which was not posted near our Car. Wish the restaurant would alert there patrons....there are better places in key West. Don't let there website fool you.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family is always looking for great restaurants ....especially fond of sushi.
Ambrosia was highly recommended but not sure why.
Presentation of sushi ....blah
The sushi tasted fine, but it all tasted the same.
Overpriced.
Atmosphere not great.
Uncomfortable having sushi chefs( not Japanese chefs) staring at patrons while eating.
Overall...I would not go back!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend n I eat there often and have had many servers including Heather, Clarissa, and Stephanie. All of them are super knowledgable very funny and have great professional attitudes. The food n presentation is something to see! Very spectacular. Keep up the good work guys!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was our second visit here and we love it. It's usually busy so make reservations.The sushi is very fresh. A must try is the Florida and the Key West rolls, very tasty. My wife doesn't eat fish, so she had steak which was tender and perfectly cooked. Our server was very friendly and helpful with the menu. The decor is modern and funky. I can't wait for my next trip to Key West.