“Best sushi on the island”
Review of Ambrosia

Ambrosia
Ranked #134 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Ambrosia Sushi Restaurant. Located in Key West since 1998, we have been meticulously crafting the finest sushi and Japanese food on the island. Our elegant decor and prime location is perfect for special dinner occasions. Join us for a perfect and authentic Japanese culinary experience. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Try their specialty rolls...hamachi heat and the sunrise rolls...incredible! This is by far the best sushi on the island!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had heard good things about Ambrosia so I thought I would give it a try.. The service was great, but I would say the food is only so-so. I am fairly new to eating Sushi, so maybe I didn't order the correct food, but I did not enjoy any of the sushi! Some was okay, but some was inedible! Not only was the flavor not there, the pieces were also HUGE! With so many good restaurants in Key West, I would not go back.

2  Thank Kerry F
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Food: Average at best. No substitutions at all. Do not go if you have allergies.

Atmosphere: This is a nice place to get away from the bar food atmosphere that's all over Key West.

Service: Servers are nice but seem to feel bad for guests when the management won't make any changes at all to the menu. The manager turns conversations into a scene which disrupts the atmosphere.

Overall: Not a good experience. Not only would I not go back, I wouldn't recommend others going.

2  Thank stevenbrose
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I eat sushi frequently, and we often try sushi restaurants when traveling. Ambrosia was an excellent choice in Key West recommended by locals. This was not your typical sushi place, as it had a fine dining atmosphere, without being stuffy. The food was fresh and well prepared with a nice presentation. The service was solid. I would definitely recommend this place for sushi lovers. FYI the place closes for a few weeks in September; we happened to go the last night they were going to open for a while. I'm glad we made it.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Borderline okay. One of those restaurant that wasn't a terrible experience but no intention of ever going back. Service was average (or less) and prices were steep. Rated at 3 as a concession, since sushi is not my strong suit and must give the benefit of the doubt. Hometown sushi beats them hands down and is a lot tastier and reasonable. Would give this one a pass...