“Good Food Great Service”

Abbondanza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Abbondanza was a really good restaurant. The food and drinks were plentiful and the service was outstanding. Spaghetti and meatballs came with 5 meatballs, the chicken parm was big enough to feed two kids. The lasagna was very good. Definitely a place to go. Prices were very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Abbondanza Italian Restaurant

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were wonderfully impressed by the food. It was recommended by a guest at the Inn we were staying at. I had the Sea Bass Limone and my wife has the chicken Pancetta both were delicious and enough to take leftovers. Key lime pie was just okay though. Still, well worth the price and the visit. Definite place to go to if you enjoy Italian food

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We always stop in for the Crab stuffed Grouper for her and I Like the Linguine Pescatore. Great Meal, Have tried some others and pleased every time.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been to Key West many times and always avoided this place due to the mixed reviews. On my recent trip in April 2013 on my last night there I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very quaint and inviting. I was seated in a small room overlooking the street. There were about 6 tables there. The lighting was a little too dim but it was at the same time very relaxing. I started with a caesar salad which was fine but nothing special. But then I had their standard spaghetti and meatballs. I loved it and was very surprised at how tasty the meatballs were. And there were so many of them. The dish was quite large and probably could have fed two. The sauce was also tasty and the pasta was perfectly cooked. I tried my best to finish but could not. I must say I was very satisfied with the meal. My waitress was pleasant and did not rush me in any way. The cost of the meal was surprisingly low for the quality I received. Based on my experience I say disregard the negative reviews here and give Abbondanza a chance. I'm glad I did.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited to have some of my favorite type of food(Italian) on my vacation, but Abbondanza's did not meet my expectations. Our waitress was never paying attention to us: when she poured my water, she spilled some INTO my food and all over the table because she wasn't looking! My mother has celiac, and when we asked for gluten free options, they insisted they had some, but were obviously not really aware of what gluten is. My meal(not gluten free) was average with not enough sauce, but my mom's gluten free meal was delicious. Hers was the only good meal though! My point: not worth your time. Bad service and OK food.