“Finally after 11 years visiting Key West, gave it a try - sorry we waited so long.”

A & B Lobster House
Reserve a Table
Wed, 5/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #114 of 499 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Simonton St
Description: Enjoy the freshest seafood on the island delivered daily. As our name implies, we specialize in lobster, both from Maine and Florida. Our talented Chef expertly prepares a Fusion Cuisine which include Classic Lobster/Seafood House dishes along with French Bistro comfort food to delight all of the senses. We are also renowned for our steaks, always prime choice. Dine outside on the wrap-around balcony or join us in our timeless dining room, while our knowledgeable and attentive staff anticipate your every need and help to make your experience unforgettable.
Reviewed July 18, 2017

Actually we wound up dining in Berlin's the cigar lounge next to the dining room which offers the same exact menu. My husband ordered the escargot sauté and I have the enormous shrimp cocktail martini. The shrimp were so fresh. The cigar lounge is dark, but there are windows around the side overlooking the marina. We enjoyed the old retro feel and it was very quiet and relaxing.

For dinner my husband had the Steak Au Poivre and I went with the Grouper Oscar. We both thoroughly enjoyed our entrees. The bartender was very professional and welcoming. It is an expensive restaurant, but if you are looking for an upscale dining experience with exceptional food, be sure to check it out. We are glad we did - just wished we would have tried it sooner.

1  Thank NJSusan-7
Write a ReviewReviews (2,044)

Reviewed July 12, 2017

The food was OK and my waiter was fine. I had a decently sized lobster tail for a decent price and a nice view outside. What turned me off was the attitude of the hostess up front. When I walked in she looked like a big bother even though the restaurant was dead...and sharply uttered "Inside or Out?".

That was no big deal but later on I wanted to wash my hands and couldn't find the bathroom (No Signs???) so I walked by her and she looks at me and goes, "What?!". I'm like, "Bathroom?" And she points to this brown door in back like I'm supposed to Magically know where it is...Like I'm sooo out of line looking for the bathroom.

Too bad I'm a local in Key West and Deal with tourists every day by the hundreds...and I can assure you I will NEVER recommend A&B again. The last thing I want is to recommend someone to a place where they will be treated like that.

If A&B is so concerned about fine dinning I would recommend they find someone else to serve as their "face". As a musician on the island I know many locals and don't understand why I was treated like another "dumb tourist".

Thanks A&B for the nice meal but I will not be returning again.

5  Thank Danny M
Reviewed July 11, 2017

We meant to go to A&B fine dining, but as they weren't open till 6:30pm we went downstairs for happy hour and some snacks, we ended up ordering so much food that we didn't go to the formal dining restaurant on the second floor. You definitely want to take advantage of the happy hour from 4:30-6pm with great seafood at good pricing and half price drinks.

1  Thank traveller_sin_bj
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

You won't t leave upset but you won't leave looking forward to you going back.

Say at the bar in the cigar lounge for a late bite. The menu could use a couple more diverse smaller plates but that is really not what they are going for.

As they are going for higher end they could button up a few things to stay 5 star. Food is good but not great and the staff is good but not engaging.

1  Thank GEOinUSA
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

When we're spending over $200 for dinner for the two of us - - we have a certain level of expectation for service and ambience. As we were finishing our dinner - two children - old enough to know better - decided that it was good fun to run in circles around the restaurant. Neither their parents nor the staff felt empowered to rule them in - so we had to reach out and tell them to slow down. What would have otherwise been a delightful dinner was made less so because of this. Inexcusable behavior for the children and the parents - unforgivable for the staff - ruined the dinner for us and the table next to us!