“Always solid great food and service”
Review of Roof Top Cafe

Roof Top Cafe
Reserve a Table
Sat, 5/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #104 of 499 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Winner - 2014 Master Chef Classic Competition - Best Entrée - Seared Sea Scallops.Roof Top Cafe's Executive Chef has a style all his own. His rich, culinary history has brought him to Key West, via Miami and Paris, France. His culinary journey has taught him the incredible ability to balance flavors from around the world. Our Chef delights in bringing you his “New-Island” Cuisine; combining contemporary flavors of the tropics, spices from the far east and staples from the Mediterranean. Our Chef has mastered the ability to match these tantalizing flavors with the absolute freshest produce, meats and seafood available.The result is nothing less than spectacular, and has brought him many awards at the Marc House’s Master Chefs Classic, among other honors. Visit Roof Top Café in historic Key West and discover the fresh flavors of our New-Island Cuisine.
Reviewed July 17, 2017

My husband and I frequent this restaurant at least once while we are in Key West. It is a bit of a walk from the Gardens Hotel but well worth - plus you have the added benefit of working off all the calories walking back after eating all the wonderful food.
We were one of the first customers for the evening and chose to sit at the bar on the outside part. From there you can see Mallory Square nearby and the Front St. below.

Our first course my husband had the Shrimp and Blue Crab Empanadas while I had the Tuna Tar Tar. Each dish was served promptly and was tasty. For our main course I had the grilled mahi mahi which I have ordered in the past and it was just as good as the previous time served over garlic mashed potatoes. My husband went with flamed grilled NY strip. Both entrees were served hot and were delicious.

Our bartender / server was also very friendly and professional. We will definitely return when given the opportunity to get back to Key West. Depending where you are staying in Key West, it is worth the walk.

Date of visit: July 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This is our number 1 stop as soon as we get to KW.
The fresh calamari is wonderful. The view from the RoofTop Cafe is amazing. You can view the street along with Mallory Square. Drinks are always good.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Good food I liked it.
I recommend this place.
The staff are fast.
Delicious food I enjoyed it so much.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

We arrived a little early and there was hardly anyone there, but our waitress said that it gets quite mobbed around 8 or so. We ate inside as it was a little warm for us outside. Nici was our waitress and she was very personable. We used our bar card and restaurant card, so we each got BOGO drinks and 10% off the bill. We had the rooftop Cosmo. Pretty good, but I didn't quite care for the splash of mango, I think. I had the mahi-mahi, which was cooked to perfection. Partner had the scallops which were also cooked perfectly. We also had the pork egg rolls as appetizers. Fresh hot bread was also served. We told Nick to take time for the courses so we could have a leisurely dinner. Food was served hot. We ended up taking some leftovers home. Special dinner, and a little pricey, although we would eat here again.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 1, 2017

Went for our first anniversary - and the setting was beautiful; however, the food was simply ok. My husband liked his seafood penne; however, my soup was too rich and the salad had little taste. I would possibly try it again; however, I would definitely order something different. The service was great -

Date of visit: June 2017