“Electric Car rental ”

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Electric Car rental ”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time And enjoyed the service at A & M Electric Car Rental. Tim was excelente! Better than a tour guide he was so nice and gave us great tips of our sightseeing at downtown. It's so nice to have employees to greet you and converse with the clients we felt we knew him forever. Thanks so much Tim and A & M Rentals!! We recommend you highly! Elsie Maldonado and Family!!

1 Thank Lagata1

new york
376 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 284 helpful votes
“No problems”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Checked into hotel and immediately headed to this rental shop which we had used last year. Fast service. Beach cruisers which I prefer and off we went. Optional helmets are available. I had packed my own even in a carry on bag. This is near the southernmost point of US marker. True I wish every place had citibike the share program we have in NY. I have never rented anything other than a bike. I think one should remember in Key West there may be inexperienced scooter people in the roads.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank nycmom22
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not an experience worth paying for! ”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to Key West to enjoy time away from the big city and really relax. The experience I had at A&M Rentals was the absolute worst part of any vacation or get away I have ever had. From beginning to end dealing with this company is a headache you can avoid by going to any of their competitors. All within walking distance for a more enjoyable time in the Keys. My experience started when I first entered the establishment that is dirty and unkempt. Even for an island location this place is gross. Most of their documentation and policies are taped to a counter top and their is a poorly diagrammed picture of a scooter illustrating the important information you will need to know. My girlfriend and I wanted to rent 2 scooters, which we did, even after I asked if being a first time rider would pose any problem. One of the men in the building took us out to our scooters and showed me the ignition, the brake and the throttle. He said go around the block and if I make it back he can let me go. I went on the adventure making 4 right hand turns, giving my foot road rash, driving on a sidewalk and nearly side swiping a Toyota Rav4. Upon returning there was no one to be found so we decided to keep riding to practice. The scooters were, in my opinion, cheap and very small. The entire time we were there I noticed that the other rental agencies had bigger and more comfortable scooters. The scooters were so cheap that the vibrations from the road would continue to shake lose the side mirrors making them unusable after any moderate period of riding. The absolute best part was after we returned the bikes I received a mystery charge on my account from this company. I have been disputing it for months and it's still unresolved. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, Google and Yelp I have found that this is a common practice. It has been a lesson learned for my next trip to the Keys as well as all our family and friends. Do yourself a favor physically and financially, go somewhere else.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have gone many times to key west and have rented scooters every time. They are by far the worst company I have dealt with. Unprofessional from the minute they gave us different prices depending on who in our group asked to the way they were training a new rider in our group by simply showing him the accelerator and where the key goes and walking away. I am still currently disputing a charge that they added to my credit card after I left Key West. I paid about 300 and then got charged an additional fee for no reason. When my credit card company inquired on the charge, they said the bikes were returned late when in reality they were returned before they opened and the keys were thrown through a hole they have in their door. We were supposed to have the bikes until 2p that day so the way I see it is I should be getting half a day funded, not charged for another day. I will never use them again and never recommend them to anyone.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Liz A
Gresham, Oregon
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Fast, Friendly Service, in Center of town”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We rented a scooter here as a walk-in. We were there of Fantasy Fest and many rentals had sold out. We were helped immediately, and had a scooter with in 10 minutes. Staff was great and walked us through the bike, had me take a test lap around the block which was a great idea and off we went. Rental was only about $60 for the whole day! Scooter ran like a top.

Visited October 2013