“The best iced soy chai latte that I've ever had!”

The Cafe, A Mostly Vegetarian Place
Ranked #15 of 468 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Chill spot adorned with local art, serving globally inspired vegetarian, vegan & seafood eats. Gluten free very friendly. Fresh juice, great beer and organic wine selection. Vegan desserts.
Reviewed January 22, 2015

When we were in KW in September, we ate here three times. I don't what kind of crack they put in the chai lattes, but I could get addicted if I lived there. It's not that easy to find a place on KW that is mostly vegetarian/vegan, but this place delivers. Can't wait to go back (this weekend!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed January 19, 2015

So many choices, so much delicious food! It is rare to find a restaurant that caters to the vegetarian. Most restaurants offer a couple of choices, which limits the person to choose the same thing - usually macaroni and cheese or a salad. But, The Cafe had a menu full of wonderful looking, and as it turned out, delicious choices, it took more time to decide what to have than to get the order! Don't miss this one, Vegetarians or anyone!

Reviewed January 18, 2015

We ate here twice during our visit to Key West. It's not just veggie burgers. They offer food for vegans, but also pescatarians, so there is something for pretty much for you and your friends. Nice ambience, and they serve beer and wine. Be prepared to wait at night, if you haven't made reservations, but it's worth the wait.

Reviewed January 17, 2015

Went for dinner around 6:30 on a Tuesday and were seated immediately. The restaurant was probably only 1/3 full but as other reviewers have noted - service was slow. By the time we saw our server, we'd already decided what we wanted to eat but he only wanted to take our drink order at that time. It was probably 15 minutes later before we got our drinks and ordered our meal. They were out of spinach dumplings and spring rolls so we had to make alternate choices. Our food took quite a while to arrive but when it did, the cream of tomato soup was especially good and so was the bean side salad. It took forever for a 2nd beer to come and then to get our servers attention when we were finished and ready for the check. Otherwise, the atmosphere itself was very nice. Several nights later, we decided to try some other options on their menu only this time we ordered carry out - which arrived in much less time than estimated. The veggie burger was just OK although the bean salad and tomato soup were excellent again. The un-wing dings were disappointing: basically strips of fried tofu with BBQ dipping sauce. We'd planned on doing Sunday brunch but decided to go elsewhere.

Reviewed January 17, 2015

My biggest complaint about traveling is often how poor vegetarian eating choices are. This is thankfully improving on a world-wide basis. Still, what continues to make me happiest is when I come upon truly special restaurants that cater to vegetarians that also make my meat-eater husband very happy. And I mean it - this is a truly special restaurant, and not because it's so vegetarian friendly, but because the food is creative and interesting, not to mention delicious. I had the curry "chicken" salad sandwich which was, although extremely messy, also one of the best food items I've ever eaten. I really, really enjoyed it - and enjoyed the fact that my choices here were not limited to "cheese sandwich" as is often the fate of the vegetarians looking for a sandwich. My husband had a blackened mahi mahi sandwich which he says, and I quote, was "very, very good." No complaints from the carnivore? Yay! It's also a fun, hippy-ish vibe, from the decor at least. I definitely recommend.