“For Non-Vegetarians, Too”

Ranked #16 of 454 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I were ready to eat when we happened upon The Cafe where we enjoyed an excellent lunch. The salad accompanying my quiche was creative as well as delicious. There were plenty of choices on the menu for non-vegetarians as well as vegetarians and vegans. Portions are very ample and the food is well flavored. Just off Duval. Access the web site for menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch there yesterday and enjoyed my baked acorn squash with curried couscous, cranberries and feta. My sister had the warm beet salad with tofu and my Dad had an eggplant sandwich. Lots of choices on the menu. Delish!

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I ate here on my last night in Key West nearly a year ago, and was so sorry we hadn't been earlier as we'd have eaten here every day.

It's a relaxed indoor place, with decor redolent of hippie trips to Nepal. The food, though, is excellent: a varied menu with hearty portions and well-flavoured, beautifully cooked dishes. We shared Japanese dumplings then a tofu and rice stir fry. We were too full for dessert.

This was the best restaurant food I've eaten in 25 years of being vegetarian, anywhere in the world including India, California, London and Italy (along with Food for Friends in Brighton). Looking forward to eating there again next week.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Enjoyed the fresh watermelon juice and a vegan chocolate chip cookie, which was better than most regular cookies I've tried. Didn't try dine-in service, but looked like a cute place to sit and relax. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Very tasty, fresh food and more than ample sized portions - a really good find and will definitely be back