“Average Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
United Kingdom
“Average Food”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

When I read the description of the restaurant and the menu, I was so excited. It wasn't easy to find a place that put emphasis on vegetarian dishes. So my husband and I were eager to try this place. We managed to drop by for lunch on our last day in Key West. However, the food was quite disappointing. My husband ordered the quiche of the day. It turned up really soggy and very bland! I had the Colossal Burger, which looked impressive but lacked flavour. I also ordered a cup of tea and the hot water I was given had a cockroach or some other bug about 1/3" (1 cm) in size floating at the top. The lady apologized but didn't make a big fuss and still charged us for the tea. I wonder what the kitchen situation is like. The staff are friendly but I think they can definitely do better with the food.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank P_Sesilia

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Very hip place, delicious clam soup”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Only a few blocks away from Sunset celebration, The Cafe was packed wall to wall @ 7 pm Saturday night. Menu is quite a mix, American food with Italian, French and Chinese influence. We had the most delicious clam soup we ever had. Clearly even Key West locals come often to dine or simply order and take out. Strongly recommend.

cambridge
“Fantastic food relaxed atmosphere!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The service here was relaxed and friendly and the whole place was welcoming. It's not much to look at from the outside but don't be fooled the food inside is amazing!

I' m not a veggie but this is the best tasting veggie (mostly) I have had!

I started with the veggie un dings a take on the meat version buffalo wings, they were seared tofu in an amazing BBQ sauce with a feta sauce over the top of that. Soooo tasty.

I then had the special tuna sandwich with mango and sweet potato fries lovely!

By the way the portions are HUGE but they let you takeaway anything you don't eat and even pack it up for you.

Don't come to key west without a visit you won't be disappointed!

Visited December 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are vegetarian you will not find many restaurants for you. The Cafe is one of the few. They have great food, cosy atmosphere and friendly staff. The only thing is that they don't accept reservations and it gets very busy. Anyhow, I deeply recommend this vegetarian and vegan friendly restaurant. I will come back. But I do miss the don't have any out door seats. If the had I would give the 5 stars.

Longmont, Colorado
“Nice Service”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I wanted to try a Cuban coffee - I didn't know anything about it other than it is a popular offering of Key West. The waiter explained the different types and I settled for a cortadito. I appreciated the patience they showed for a naive tourist during a busy time. The coffee was great too.

• Visited September 2013