“Good meal”
Review of Seven Fish

Seven Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Fish is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 494 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fish-style bistro.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A nice place slightly away from the Duval St craziness. Our food was good and the portions quite large. A nice meal - not amazing but solid

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,131)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were very pleased with our early meal in a very open and airy setting. He was in a mushroom mood with the Mushroom Quesadilla and Gnocchi & Mahi Mahi. I had the Ceviche and signature Curry Snapper.

We were both very pleased with our meals. The Ceviche was presented more like a salad, but tasty nonetheless. I had asked for lighter sauce on the Curry and my dish was presented delightfully “deconstructed” with a beautiful snapper filet over sushi-quality rice, very fresh carrots and broccoli and my Curry in a small bowl to the side. Perfect!

Great neighborhood gem. Well worth the trip off the beaten path of Duval for fresh local seafood.

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

We were looking forward to eating here for months while planning our recent trip to key west.. we had eaten at the old location in the past and remember it being great. However definitely disappointed this time. We are from Florida, are fisherman ourselves and catch our own grouper, snapper , lobster etc. -seafood foodies. Started with a crab cake that couldn’t find any crab- all breading. Ugh. Move on to entree/special was black grouper. I don’t think so. Was thin, rubbery and could pick up entire piece by poking it with fork at one end. Tilapia would have been better . Seemed like a processed chicken patty. New building and facility are nice but There are so many good seafood restaurants in key west I won’t return. Ps I found an awesome crab cake with chunks of crab at a laid back restaurant the next day.

Date of visit: March 2019
Fearless02077643492, Manager at Seven Fish, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2019

Hello,
I am sorry you were disappointed in your recent dinner. While we try very hard to make sure everything is perfect every time, occasionally mother nature does not cooperate. Unfortunately when you deal with fresh product, like grouper, you can get one that just isn't as good as it should be. Did you mention to your server that you were unhappy with your dish? We will always offer something different to ensure our guests' happiness when, upon the rare circumstance, something goes wrong.

Regarding the crab cake, we describe it on the menu as a "Florida" style crab cake that incorporates fish,crawfish, and crab meat. We use blue crab and therefore it does not have chunks of crab meat in it. Each crab cake has about 70% seafood as well as celery, red pepper, red onion, ginger, lime juice, mayonnaise, and bread crumbs. Many people thoroughly enjoy them but we realize they are different than what some people are expecting. It is, however, a very high quality product.

Since you had enjoyed our restaurant in the past, we hope you will see your way to join us again in the future.

Best Regards,
Seven Fish

Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Okay so it didn’t have the view or ambience I was looking for but they got me at the yellow tail snapper in curry sauce over sticky rice. Husband ordered the same thing and it was perfect! Delicious and plentiful. Also ordered the large salad with goat cheese which we split and the bread they serve with it was awesome. Waitress offered us more bread which we appreciated as it was so good. Key lime cheesecake was a disappointment and we would not order again. All in all good food and great service.

Reviewed March 7, 2019

Last year I was really pleased with my choice, but this year I picked something that was not a winner. I chose the Shrimp Scampi with asparagus and was very disappointed. First, the cut up asparagus covered the entire dish. If it had been all the tops, that would be great, But the ends were very chewy. Not the best. Then the shrimp were covered with olive oil as well as the pasta. So much oil it ruined the taste of the meal. I was disappointed and did not finish the dish. I couldn't. But my wife really enjoyed her yellowtail snapper.

Date of visit: February 2019