“Awesome food”

Ranked #128 of 440 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 21, 2020

This is a small place, but the atmosphere and food are excellent. The service was really good and the food was prepared very well. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (2,919)

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Looked forward to brunch here but was disappointed. Waited for 30 min to be seated (no problem) ordered a Bloody Mary while we waited and it was $7.50 and disappointing. Small and not exciting. When seated I asked if they made egg white omelets and NO they don’t and I asked if they had gluten free bread and NO they don’t so my choices were limited to grits and bacon. Grits were plain and tasteless and bacon was thick and hearty but only 3 pieces. My husband had a French toast special covered in fruit and granola which he liked but said the French toast was disappointing with thin plain white bread . Won’t return and don’t recommend to others with so many other great breakfast choices in KW.

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Old time lunch food...sat inside, had the grill cheese that took me back to my lunch days in Elementary School 45 years ago. You are basically there to take in the history of a bygone era but the food is good and the waitstaff very skilled.
One can sense how sinister President Truman felt sneaking away from Secret Servicemen just to be one with the locals. Lots of things to absorb including a table top made of a boat rudder and a slinky cool cat that meanders thru his domain-

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Key West favorite. Oysters and innovative specialists. Yum!!!

Service is always friendly and polite. I love starting with oysters and then selecting one of the daily specials. This is my favorite restaurant in Key West. Locals and tourists dine on great food in a very casual setting. Drinks are great too!

I have made it a point to try most of the key lime pies offered in Key West. Pepe’s is my favorite. I add a little extra lime because I like it tart. This dials it in perfectly.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

If seafood is your thing, then Pepe's is the place to go. They have deals at happy hour (4 to 6:00 p.m.), and the seafood specials that we have tried are without parallel. The scallops, oysters, fish, and shrimp that we tried were all fresh tasting and prepared to perfection. We had a mahi mahi chowder that was absolutely the best. The sides (two included with the entry) were generally very good; however, the asparagus and broccoli, though very fresh, needs to be cooked slightly more thoroughly as the stems are too raw to be eaten easily. The help is always friendly and the over 100 year-old restaurant has an intentional atmosphere of not changing much since the 1930s. The key lime pie is the best we've had and does not have the crystalized sugar texture. I would recommend using real whipped creme on the pie however, to be applied when serving. It would be so much better than the spray-canned quality, but the pie is authentically prepared and very tasty. Pepe's is so good we went two nights consecutively while in Key West.

Date of visit: January 2020
KWFan32, Owner at Pepe's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We really appreciate it!
Shelley