“Breakfast in the Keys”

Ranked #58 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a great experience for breakfast. Fresh squeezed orange juice for mimosa's & great food, generous portions. The fried mashed potaotes were good and the fresh toast looked awesome!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

During our stay in Key West, my husband and I always go to Pepe's. Sometimes, there's a bit of a wait, but it's always been worth it! The last time we were there for lunch, I had a great fish reuben sandwich--it was excellent. Always enjoy Pepe's!

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

What could have been a great final breakfast in Key West this week was ruined by an overzealous cameraman filming for a PBS restaurant show. He would not stop filming our table, even after I asked him not to, until I stood up and confronted him in a restaurant full of people.

I blame him AND management for giving no notice that there would be a film crew, and for not asking the seated and dining patrons if they would mind being filmed. That he kept filming us after I asked him not to was doubly upsetting.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

As others have said, this looks a bit of a dive from the outside but wander in and the folks are friendly and the food is tasty. The dinner menu is a bit short but our problem is that the portions are just too big for a European appetite! We wanted the 16 oz ribeye so the waitress suggested we share. And that was a great idea - so we had an 8 oz steak each together with a huge baked sweet potato and plenty of vegetables. The wine list is fine but dessert is enormous too so try sharing that as well.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I can only review breakfast at Pepe's as we went to other spots for lunches and dinners but we went there for breakfast more than once and will definitely go again next time we're on Key West. From the outside it's not very much but once you step inside the service is prompt and friendly and the food is, in a word, great! Great O.J., great coffee, great home fries, great bacon, sausage and ham, great eggs, etc. Don't miss it ... it's a great place to start your day!