Tripadvisor
Search

“Freshest Seafood”

Conch Republic Seafood Company
Ranked #103 of 513 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Throughout Key West's colorful history the Historic Key West Bight, where the Conch Republic Seafood Company® now resides, has had a tradition of bringing the bounty of the seas ashore. Sponges, giant sea turtles, shrimp and fish are just a few of the types of cargo that would pass through the Bight weekly. The location where the Conch Republic Seafood Company® is now located has it's own interesting history. In the 1890's "sponging" had grown to employ hundreds in Key West, both with the fleet and at jobs ashore. Our present day docks have long ago replaced the large, wide sponge market docks of the era. This dock was just one of many constructed to allow the quality of the sponges to be inspected by wholesale buyers prior to sale at auction. Large "mother ships" would dock after a few weeks of harvesting and unload their cargos. The thousands of sponges bought, sold & traded were shipped all over the United States.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant has a fish market attached and owns a couple of the fishing boats, so the food is as fresh as it can get. Laid back atmosphere and really good food.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (6,371)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Decent burgers, avoid the crab stuffed shrimp. Questionable service unless you sit at the bar. Stopped here twice, sat at the bar the first time and had really good service. Stopped by for lunch the second time and sat on the patio. My friend ordered the bacon wrapped crab stuff shrimp and was highly disappointed. Wait service was quite slow and the overall experience was meh.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We parked in the parking lot right in front on the restaurant. $2 per hour.
Overlooked the marina and open air sitting. Lots of birds on the floor.
Sitter quickly and drink orders taken. I had a peach colada that was very good. My spouse had Bahama Mama and liked them
I ordered 1/2 lb of shrimp which was 8 large. Great taste. My spouse had the fried shrimp and liked them.
I tried the Conch as an appetizer. Not my favorite

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great large outdoor atmosphere. Very busy as we approached entrance. We find hired we’d have a long wait, so sat at large bar with several TV’s. I took a quick visit to gift shop. Within 15 minutes, our table was ready. We were sitting by the window with greatt view of boats on Harbor walk.
Our waiter was attentive, funny, and made good food suggestions when asked.
We started with Oyster appetizer. They were fresh and tasty.
I had fresh snapper with garlic chimichurri and marinated cherry tomatoes. Served with smashed potatoes and chef’s fresh vegetables. The fish was very fresh. I love garlic, however the garlic chimichurri was so strong it overpowered fish. Everything else was good
My husband had the grouper and it was better than snapper, so we switched.
Very busy restaurant so naturally noisy but still fun.
We got great restaurant and bar suggestions from both waiter and guy that cleared table.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good place for food, drinks, music and watching the people stroll around the harbor. If they have the royal reds, order them! Desserts looked amazing and the portions were huge, but we were too full to try any.

Date of visit: December 2019