“Expensive but only "good" rating”

Michaels Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Michaels Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southard Street
Description: One of the finest Key West restaurants is nestled among the charming tropical back streets of Key West's Old Town District. Come discover a garden oasis where Chef Michael Wilson and his wife Melanie offer a classic menu with an island twist. Their emphasis on quality and service, coupled with casual island elegance, has established Michaels Restaurant as a favorite of Key West locals and visitors with discriminating dining palates. If you're searching for Key West restaurants, search no further. Treat yourself to a delicious dining experience outdoors in a relaxing Key West garden atmosphere or indoors in one of our two dining rooms. Michaels Restaurant is in Old Town Key West, near the corner of Southard Street- on Margaret Street. "From the first chilled martini to the last sumptuous bite of the warm chocolate volcano, Michaels will delight and satisfy. "
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a good restaurant but we would not recommend it as it is over priced compared to many other restaurants of equal quality on Key West. Their wine selection is very limited and most likely the reason our bill was over $200 for two people. We ate at many other restaurants while in Key West and most were not nearly expensive and the food was just as good and in some cases, "much better".

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had our wedding reception here @ Michaels & could not have been happier with it! The restaurant was very accommodating with our menu & bar choices. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. The food was delicious!! We enjoyed it so much we returned on the last night of our vacation with another couple & enjoyed that dinner as well! I would definitely recommend Michaels to anyone looking for a quiet night out with great food!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I spent our Wedding Anniversary in Key West. We have spent many a cruise day in Key West, but it was our first weekend stay. So, prior to going, I did quite a bit of research on which restaurant to go for our anniversary dinner. We chose Michaels and we weren't disappointed. When we got there, the Maitre Di wished us 'Happy Anniversary' and promptly lead us to our private table on the patio. Freya was our server and was outstanding. She was a perfect server for our entire meal. Michael made two rounds to our table to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction. My wife had the fillet and it was like butter. I had the veal chop and it was clearly the best veal chop that I have been served. I have ordered veal chops in D.C. and NYC and have been disappointed. That was not the case here....Outstanding. Both the chop and the fillet were perfectly cooked and extremely tender and full of flavor. We will return next time that we are in town. Thanks, Michael and Freya for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This restaurant must have great management, since its service is always great. We were quite early and willing to wait for the table we requested. My husband had the onion soup and since we asked for two spoons, I can attest that it was great. He had the hogfish which was very good although the vegetables which came with it were pretty bland.

I had had a large lunch and so wanted a light entree. Liking oysters, but not raw ones, the server and kitchen were great in adjusting the appetizer offering to only include the cooked options. Unfortunately, the oysters rockefeller were a bit dry but the fried oysters were some of the best I have ever eaten.

The tart lime pie was great with two excellent choices of sauce which were very different, one citrus and one rasberry. I liked both.

This restaurant continues to excel and is known for its beef so that is worth a try although we chose other options this time.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We chose to eat here on a recent visit to Key West because of the many positive reviews on TA and were not disappointed. We had an outdoor table in the courtyard which had a great atmosphere. We loved the menu - finding it very difficult to choose as so many of the dishes would have been on our favourites list.
The food and service were both excellent. During a 6 week visit to Florida this was one of the best restaurants in which we ate. We will be back when next in Key West
And I should mention, referring to a recent review, that we don't even own a microwave !!!