“A Local's Favorite”

Michaels Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Michaels Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 470 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southard Street
Description: One of the finest Key West restaurants is nestled among the charming tropical back streets of Key West's Old Town District. Come discover a garden oasis where Chef Michael Wilson and his wife Melanie offer a classic menu with an island twist. Their emphasis on quality and service, coupled with casual island elegance, has established Michaels Restaurant as a favorite of Key West locals and visitors with discriminating dining palates. If you're searching for Key West restaurants, search no further. Treat yourself to a delicious dining experience outdoors in a relaxing Key West garden atmosphere or indoors in one of our two dining rooms. Michaels Restaurant is in Old Town Key West, near the corner of Southard Street- on Margaret Street. "From the first chilled martini to the last sumptuous bite of the warm chocolate volcano, Michaels will delight and satisfy. "
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood a few blocks off Duval, Michaels is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. The food is always delicious and often has my fellow diners and me moaning in delight with each bite.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,527)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Although there are many great restaurants in KW to choose from, we frequent Michael's most often...There are so many dishes to choose from. Something for everyone and every mood. From (award winning) Filet Al Forno and Michael's Veal Chop to fresh seafood and Chef's special's...
We always feel "at home" at Michael's. Not only do we come for the food, but for the great old town location, atmosphere, company of Michael's staff (and owners Mike and Melanie), and the friends we inevitably run into there...
We love you guys!

1  Thank mrsgray2
Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you are a connoisseur of delicious food (and have the money to pay for it) make a point to visit Michael's Restaurant in Key West. It's a lovely restaurant with a wonderful menu. My husband and I visited KW over Christmas and NYE so it was a busy time. Reservations were definitely necessary. We had drinks before our meal- he had scotch and I had a caramel apple martini. I am not a big eater so I had French Onion soup and the appetizer crab cake. They were both delicious and plenty to eat. He had one of the evening specials- some kind of bone in steak and it was enormous and delicious. We shared a dessert, the chocolate volcano with ice cream. The restaurant is lovely, staff- solicitous. But be prepared, nothing is cheap. The meal is totally delicious but you will pay a heavy price. The menu is available online so you can check it out before hand and see if you are willing to pay. I can attest that it is all good!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I ate here on New Years Eve 2013. I found the place on trip advisor and it had good reviews so we booked a reservation. When we arrived, we were greeted by a sweet hostess who lead us to our little table under lush green canopies surrounded by beautiful landscape. The atmosphere is wonderful. The waiter was awesome ( I think his name was Nick). I had lobster bisque- the best I have EVER tasted and we both had steak for dinner. They were amazing!! The martinis were good as well. Great bartender made good drinks! We will return here again for sure! It is off the beaten path and in a cute little neighborhood. So glad we found this place!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had previously dined at Michaels back in 2011 and I couldn't wait to go back. We loved it so much that we went back two night in a row. The first evening we ordered from the standard menu in the dining room, Todd was our waiter and the service was wonderful! Lobster bisque, Yellow beet, goat cheese salad and the veal chop and the chicken marsala were wonderful and the Key lime and passion fruit sorbet were delicious. The second evening we went back just for the fondue, started with the wedge salad and finished with the key lime pie. Totally enough food as the fondue is a meal in of itself.