“Excellent place to spend your anniversary”

Michaels Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Michaels Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 449 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southard Street
Description: One of the finest Key West restaurants is nestled among the charming tropical back streets of Key West's Old Town District. Come discover a garden oasis where Chef Michael Wilson and his wife Melanie offer a classic menu with an island twist. Their emphasis on quality and service, coupled with casual island elegance, has established Michaels Restaurant as a favorite of Key West locals and visitors with discriminating dining palates. If you're searching for Key West restaurants, search no further. Treat yourself to a delicious dining experience outdoors in a relaxing Key West garden atmosphere or indoors in one of our two dining rooms. Michaels Restaurant is in Old Town Key West, near the corner of Southard Street- on Margaret Street. "From the first chilled martini to the last sumptuous bite of the warm chocolate volcano, Michaels will delight and satisfy. "
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food was wonderful (expensive) however we enjoyed it because it was a special occation. We were given the name by the B & B we were staying at and we walked there and completely loved it. Drank and ate way too much but thats okay once in awhile. Also this restaurant is off Duval so you too may have to ask a local how to get there..

There are newer reviews for Michaels Restaurant

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a wonderful meal here with our family of five. I had the hogfish which was delicious. Have never heard of this fish before and so glad I tried it. Everyone enjoyed the meal, including desserts and drinks.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went here alone one evening and sat at the bar. The bartender was very good and suggested a perfect wine for my steak. The steak was mouthwatering and prepared to perfection. I must say that I frequently dine alone and I was made to feel right at home here. Thanks!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had dinner at Michael's last year on NYE and really liked it. So, we decided to return this year. We ended up arriving for our reservation much earlier that it was made for. But, they were able to accommodate us and seat us soon after we arrived. Last year we sat outside, this year we sat inside. Not sure if that was the difference in service or not but we were not impressed at all with the service this time around. The food was great - no complaints there. We each really enjoyed our meals from the prix fix menu. Our waiter was slow to get to us. I ordered the caesar salad without anchovies and a pepsi. When the salad was brought out (by someone other than the waiter-it was a super niece woman) it had anchovies on it. I explained that I ordered it without anchovies. When I said that, I was told that yes, the anchovies can be taken off but they are in the dressing as well. Totally fine but if I had an allergy to anchovies, I wouldn't have been aware of that if I were depending on our waiter. I also hadn't received the pepsi. Overall, we were disappointed with the service. I understand that they are busy on NYE but the inside wasn't full the entire time we were there and at $85 per person, I expect much better service than what we received.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I found this restaurant online and reserved because it was Zagat rated #3. My husbands grouper was very good but my Kurubata pork chop was very tough and overdone. My meal was not hot when served, frankly I should have sent it back but always hate to do it. I am not sure I would go there again.