“We like It”

Michaels Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Michaels Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southard Street
Description: One of the finest Key West restaurants is nestled among the charming tropical back streets of Key West's Old Town District. Come discover a garden oasis where Chef Michael Wilson and his wife Melanie offer a classic menu with an island twist. Their emphasis on quality and service, coupled with casual island elegance, has established Michaels Restaurant as a favorite of Key West locals and visitors with discriminating dining palates. If you're searching for Key West restaurants, search no further. Treat yourself to a delicious dining experience outdoors in a relaxing Key West garden atmosphere or indoors in one of our two dining rooms. Michaels Restaurant is in Old Town Key West, near the corner of Southard Street- on Margaret Street. "From the first chilled martini to the last sumptuous bite of the warm chocolate volcano, Michaels will delight and satisfy. "
Reviewed October 1, 2012

2nd time to go and we go during the week and during the slow time in September. Our service was great and the food is up to it's name.

There are newer reviews for Michaels Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My Brother had the blackened scallops and I had seafood pasta. The meal was fresh and the waiter was very pleasant and professional

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had had this restaurant highly recommended and it did not disappoint...service was excellent and very attentive...the outside bar was busy and made a super cosmo.....our meals were good but unles you like dry meatloaf that tastes like it was made with barbaque sauce order something different....it was OK but didn't live up to the rest of the food.....desert was good but there are other places in Key West that you can get better

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant whilst on a bike ride along the back streets of Key West & decided to book for our "last supper" before leaving. The setting was beautiful, courtyard dining with subdued lighting, a fountain & frog mating calls - seriously! We ordered seafood rather than the steak as we were in Key West & could get good steak back home & are so glad we did. My husband had scallops as big as his fist, I'm not a big fish lover but I had the mahi mahi and cannot say how much I enjoyed it. The wine list was varied and not overpriced considering the distance travelled. Service was attentive but not in-your-face.

A hidden gem but well worth getting off the beaten track to find it.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Loved the courtyard....Loved the martini.....Loved the onion soup....Loved the service...loved the key lime pie....but so glad I ordered the wild salmon instead of the steak.
I keep hearing about the steaks flying in daily from Chicago...well, they should rethink that. The steak was overcooked and rather chewy.
If I want a steak, I'll continue to go the the real steakhouse in KW.
Otherwise the food and service was fabulous.