“PRIMAZING”

Kelly's Caribbean Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at 301 Whitehead St., on the corner of Whitehead and Caroline, stands one of Key West's most impressive and historic buildings - Kelly's Caribbean. Well known for being the birthplace of Pan American World Airways, Pan-Am's first tickets were sold out of this very building in 1927. Pan Am was the principal and largest international air carriers in the United States from 1927 until its collapse on December 4, 1991. Founded in 1927 as a scheduled air mail and passenger service operating between Key West, Florida and Havana, Cuba, the airline became a major company credited with many innovations that shaped the international airline industry, including the widespread use of jet aircraft, jumbo jets and computerized reservation systems. Our Namesake - Kelly McGillis Kelly's was opened in 1992 by Fred Tillman and Actress, Kelly McGillis. We are proud to carry Kelly McGillis' name! Noted for her various movie roles - Top Gun, Witness, The Accused - Kelly now resides in North Carolina but she does keep a watchful eye on the Kelly's Caribbean. Should you stop on by Kelly's Caribbean...we do have her Top Gun Jacket in the "Crash Bar" area.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Primus gave us the best service with a joke to be bring us and him to the same level. Awesome atmosphere, literally ran out our excessive food in a box and we thought he forgot best experience ever ...thank u so much

2  Thank jkchristophel

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were given some gift certificates to eat at Kelly's. We had never eaten here before and were looking forward to it. I ordered their nightly special, fried chicken, and it was some of the worse I have ever had. It was hard from being over cooked and did not have much flavor. My wife had a fish dish, that was better, but nothing worth going back for. I will say the coconut bread was very good, though they only gave you a small amount of it.
Service was ok, but nothing special considering the place was almost empty. With all the places in Key West to eat, I can say we will not be returning here anytime soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Definitely the best happy hour in Key West. Every day from 4 to 7 micro-brew beers, great margarita's and wings and appetizers at great prices. Very relaxing environment, with both indoor and outdoor seating, super friendly bar tenders and an overall great experience. We spend happy hour here everyday on our annual Key West trips. Wouldn't miss it!

2  Thank tewks
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We really enjoyed the happy hour and I enjoyed walking around looking at the Pan Am memorabilia (airline geek here)!!!!

1  Thank rnic1212
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped in for some beers and the bartender was super friendly. I thought I had seen a ghost in Kelly's courtyard earlier that morning and it was fun to tell him about it. He was very personable and told us stories about KW. I wish I could remember his name because he was great. He had wavy, longish hair and really knew a lot about the beers.

1  Thank travelgirlNH123